TLIHLIWOIUIGU - The Royals

Oh great, another TL you won't finish.

Maybe this will be the one I finish. Probably not but hey you never know.

But I thought you do TLs about US Politics?

Ever since joining this forum I have jumped back and forth from Pre to Post 1900 TLs and after many uncompleted post-1900 TLs, I was itching to do a pre-1900 TL again.

What the hell is a TLIHLIWOIUIGU?

TimeLine In However Long I Work On It Until I Give Up.

So how long will this last?

Basically what I will do here is list the Kings in Queens of an alternate Britain in succession with details on their reign, fun facts, etc. I will start from the Tudor Era and try to take this to present day and maybe even into the FUTURE.

How much you want to bet that this will be a Habsburg-wank?

I still have no idea where this is going to go. I'm making this up until I go along.

When are you going to stop this pointless self interview and actually write the damn TL?

Now I guess...

Without any further ado, we will start with the second monarch of the Tudor Dynasty...King Arthur the First. First update will be up shortly. :)

What? You're saying we have to WAIT for an update?!

Just go away. Please!

I'm still here.

With a fucking cherry on top if that makes you go away!

Nice try, but STILL HERE!

Just. Fuck. It. :mad:

Royals Titlecard.png

ARTHUR I
King of England and Lord of Ireland

1513-1528

Born: September 20, 1486 in Winchester, England

Reign Began: May 4, 1513 (age 26)

Died: August 18, 1528 in London, England (age 41)

Royal House: House of Tudor

Parents:
Henry VII of England
Elizabeth of York

Spouse: Catherine of Aragon (1501-1528, his death)

Children:
Arthur (b. 1504)
Mary (b. 1506)
Henry (b. 1509)
only those who survived infancy are shown

Religion: Roman Catholicism

Arthur was born one year after his father Henry VII had defeated Richard III and taken the English crown for himself. He was named after the legendary British king of the same name and born in Winchester where the legendary Arthur was believed to have had his court. His birth was praised throughout England which was just starting to recover from the Wars of the Roses and like his namesake was predicted to usher in a golden age in the kingdom.

At age 15 in 1501, Arthur married Catherine of Aragon, the daughter of the Spanish monarchs Ferdinand and Isabella who was betrothed to him since early childhood. Although their marriage was an arranged one, Arthur and Catherine were very much in love and devoted to each other throughout their marriage of 27 years.

Just a few months into their marriage however, both Arthur, then the Prince of Wales, and Catherine fell seriously ill at their new home, Ludlow Castle on the Welsh border. Though Catherine made a quick recovery, Arthur's status was in question and many doctors believed he would die. However, he began to show a marked improvement and within time fully recovered. Upon hearing the news that his beloved son and heir almost died, Henry VII immediately ordered for Arthur and Catherine to move from Ludlow back to court at London as the King did not want to take any more chances with his son's health.

Arthur and Catherine arrived back at court to a huge celebration of their recovery. Shortly thereafter, Catherine became pregnant. Her first pregnancy unfortunately ended in a miscarriage, but she tried again and this time gave birth to a healthy baby boy. This child, Henry VII's first grandson was named Arthur after his father at Catherine's suggestion and was created Duke of Lancaster upon his birth. Henry and Catherine would have ten children together and in addition to Arthur, two more children would survive infancy: a daughter Mary, and another son Henry who upon his birth was created Duke of Clarence.

Arthur as the Prince of Wales was highly intelligent and had an interest in politics. After reaching his majority, he helped his father run the country with many people calling him the "little king." Arthur's brother Henry, the Duke of York on the other hand studied to be a member of the clergy with sights on becoming Archbishop of Canterbury and eventually a Cardinal and maybe even the Pope. As Prince of Wales, Arthur became very popular with the English people who saw him as a very honest and capable young man and the king who would finally unite the Houses of Lancaster and York (being descended from both lines from each of his parents). His wife was also beloved partially for her tradition of giving alms to the poor.

On May 4, 1513, Henry VII died at the age of 56. Arthur was coronated at his birthplace of Winchester in compliance with his father's wishes. Though during his reign he was known simply as "King Arthur," "Arthur," or "Arthur Tudor," he is now known by historians as Arthur I as his son and successor took the regnal name Arthur II. Also, the legendary king Arthur had no historical basis and English kings were numbered from the Norman conquest anyway.

Arthur was known primarily as a peace-loving monarch in contrast to his warmongering son, and was a Patron of the Arts. Though his father is considered the "first Renaissance monarch of England," Arthur is known as the king who brought the Renaissance in full force to the nation to the point that by the end of his reign, the Middle Ages seemed farther away than they actually were.

Though many people convinced him to invade France such as his brother Henry and his best friend and longtime Lord Chancellor Sir Charles Brandon, Arthur decided to go the route of peace making various treaties and agreements with Louis XII and his successor King Francis. France and England were not particularly allies but agreed never to invade one another and respect each other's land as is. These agreements angered the Habsburgs and Arthur's father-in-law King Ferdinand who were otherwise his good allies. Emperor Maximilian accused Arthur of seeking an alliance with France but the English king responded with the famous quote, "France is not our friend but our enemy. The Lord says we should love thine enemy and therefore, war is never what the war wants." Arthur also made peace treaties with Scotland who was locked in the Auld Alliance with France and whose throne was occupied by his uncle James IV.

Arthur was also a patron of the arts. The novel Utopia was published under his reign by his good friend Sir Thomas More. However, Arthur would also be responsible for aiding in the publication of The Sword and the Shield, the second best selling book of all time, to only the Bible. The 1519 historical fiction novel written by the London banker Sir Lionel Overbay (1477-1552) recounted the rags-to-riches journey of the fictitious crusader George Cervallis. It has been translated into hundreds of languages and is required reading material in almost every high school classroom in the western world, and has come under fire recently as the rising Muslim minority in European countries deem it offensive. It has also been depicted as the world's first alternate history novel as it depicts a scenario in which the Second Crusade was successful.

Instrumental to Arthur's reign was his beloved mother, Elizabeth of York. Elizabeth who used the title Queen Dowager or Queen Mother following the death of her husband Henry VII in 1513 served as an important adviser to her son much like the role Henry VII's own mother Margaret Beaufort served during his reign. When Elizabeth died in 1520 aged 54, Arthur I entered a period of deep mourning he never really recovered from.

Arthur was good friends with the new Holy Roman Emperor Charles V who viewed the English monarch as somewhat of a father figure losing his own father as a young boy. In 1522, Arthur and Catherine's sixteen-year-old daughter Mary was married to the Emperor then 22.

The King died with his wife Catherine at his side aged 41 in 1528 of what was believed to be either a heart attack or stroke. He was succeeded by his eldest son Arthur who proved to be a completely different ruler than his father...

Fun Facts:

- Arthur was extremely religious as well as devoted to his wife Catherine and was not known to have ever taken a mistress.
- Arthur was known for his witty and ironic sense of humor. His most iconic portrait was painted with him carrying a sword, contrary to his reputation of being a "peace monarch."
- Arthur was in fact, so opposed to violence he even disliked the staple Renaissance sports of fencing and jousting!
- Arthur's trusting companion was his dog Fidelis whose name literally meant "loyal" in Latin and was shown in the king's most iconic portrait. When Fidelis died, Arthur ordered a royal funeral similar to the ones he had for his children who died in infancy.

Last edited:
Brilliant start, will love to see how this royal family tree plays out, is anything more said of his brother, Prince Henry Tudor?

Brilliant start, will love to see how this royal family tree plays out, is anything more said of his brother, Prince Henry Tudor?

Thank you very much! :D

Yes, we will see more of Henry, the Duke of York, during the reign of his nephew King Arthur II. As of his brother's death, Henry is 37 years old and moving up the ranks in the clergy. He has recently been ordained the Archbishop of Cantebury and many people believe his is due soon to become a cardinal. However his goal is to be the Pope and already has a name picked out if he is elected, Adrian VII. This will all be explained in the next update as Henry is a very integral figure during his nephew's reign.

So Arthur I is practically a Peaceful scholar, what Henry VIII started out like, but Arthur II is the exact opposite, being a war mongerer....

And why is Henry Archbishop of Cantebury and Duke of York? I am surprised that one of the preeminent noble positions would be under control of the church.

So Arthur I is practically a Peaceful scholar, what Henry VIII started out like, but Arthur II is the exact opposite, being a war mongerer....

We'll see... ;)

And why is Henry Archbishop of Canterbury and Duke of York? I am surprised that one of the preeminent noble positions would be under control of the church.

Well, he was made the Duke of York and infancy and is completely opposed to resigning from this title. His brother respects this decision, as does his nephew. Henry is a well respected member of the royal family and rather popular with the English people (particularly the more religious north) and is commonly known as the Bishop-Duke of York.

On the other hand, Arthur I's second son Henry, the Duke of Clarence (commonly known as Prince Harry) is rather unpopular with the people known as a rambunctious loud-mouthed drunk and womanizer. If Henry, the Bishop-Duke of York is to resign, the title would go to him and a lot of people would lose a lot of respect from the noble family seeing the prestigious title of Duke of York going from a well-liked benevolent religious figure to a rowdy uncouth young prince.

Very nice. So England never leaves the Catholic Church in 1533? Or does that still happen in TTL as well?

Thank you! :D And we'll see. ;) Who says it has to happen in 1533... ;)

Thank you! :D

Update should come sometime today. :)

I'm sorry about the wait. :( The next update is going to be a long one as Arthur II's reign is way more eventful than that of his father and has many things going on, both inside and outside of England.

I decided to split the next update into three parts because I have a lot of it written already. For now on, I will give kings and queens with more details about their reigns multi-part entries.

ARTHUR II
King of England and Lord/King of Ireland

1528-1565

170px-Edward_Seymour_Duke_of_Somerset.jpg

PART I

Born: January 17, 1504 in London, England

Reign Began: August 18, 1528 (age 24)

Died: April 9, 1565 in London, England (age 61)

Royal House: House of Tudor

Parents:
Arthur I of England
Catherine of Aragon

Spouse:
Isabella of Portugal (1520-1549, her death)
Mary Howard (1551-1565, his death)

Children:
by Isabella of Portugal
Arthur (b. 1523)
Catherine (b. 1525)
Stephen (b. 1527)
Elizabeth (b. 1530)
John (b. 1531)
Edward (b. 1533)
by Mary Howard
Mary (b. 1552)
Margaret (b. 1554)
Edmund (b. 1557)
only those who survived infancy are shown

Religion: Roman Catholicism

The eldest son of King Arthur I, Arthur II was groomed to be the king of England since his birth. The younger Arthur was born during the reign of his grandfather Henry VII. Henry was thrilled at the birth of his first grandson as it marked the continuation of the Tudor Dynasty which he brought to the throne when he defeated and killed King Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field less than twenty years before the birth of the future Arthur II. Henry VII also spent much effort preserving the posterity of the Tudors such as fighting off pretenders such as Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck and marrying his son and heir Arthur to Catherine of Aragon who was indisputably and legitimately descended from Edward III. However, with the birth of the prince, the aging king could take a more relaxed approach to governing as he now had three legitimate male heirs.

Arthur was christened shortly after birth and granted the Dukedom of Lancaster as a courtesy by his grandfather.

Arthur's parents were both teenagers at the time of his birth and both still receiving their education. Arthur's father and namesake, the then-Prince of Wales, spent very little time with him when he was a young child. The elder Arthur instead was forced to devote much time to assist his father with his kingly duties in turn learning how to be a king himself. Arthur's mother Princess Catherine tried her best to be a devoted mother to her newborn son but her motherhood was compromised as she was learning to be a Queen-consort herself. Also, Catherine lost her own mother, Isabella I of Castille, just a few months after the birth of her son which sent her into a period of deep grief for much time also compromising her ability to be a good mother to Arthur. Therefore, young Arthur was mainly raised by his paternal grandmother Elizabeth of York the Queen Consort, and his paternal great-grandmother Margaret Beaufort. Elizabeth for one viewed Arthur as her own son, and Arthur developed an exceptionally close relationship with his grandmother growing up to the extent that authors found letters the then-prince wrote to her in his teenage years addressed "mother" instead of "grandmother."

At age nine, Arthur became the heir to the throne when his grandfather passed away and his father ascended to the kingship as Arthur I. He was subsequently made the Prince of Wales and an honorary Knight of the Garter. At the ceremony where Arthur received these titles, his father famously announced that he will not under any circumstances send his young son to live at Ludlow Castle, the traditional residence of the Prince of Wales, where he was once sent to live and almost died, or any far-off castle for that matter.

As the Prince of Wales, Arthur was described as intelligently precocious and religiously pious like his father. However unlike the elder Arthur who was more reserved and kept his feelings to himself, young Arthur was described as "having a short temper" at times, an attribute that certainly followed him into the kingship.

1520 was a bittersweet year for the Prince of Wales. On one note, his beloved grandmother whom he often called "mother," Elizabeth of York suddenly passed away at the age of 54. However on another note, a different woman entered the 16-year-old Arthur's life that year. In a lavish ceremony paid by the King of Portugal's generous dowry, Arthur married the beautiful 17-year-old Princess Isabella of Portugal, King Manuel's oldest daughter whom he had been betrothed to since childhood. The marriage greatly pleased Arthur I who sought to make Portugal a great ally of England.

The king pushed his son and new daughter-in-law to have children right after their marriage as he wanted to quickly displace his rambunctious second son, Henry Ferdinand, Duke of Clarence (who was commonly known as "Prince Harry") on the line of succession. It would be three years before Isabella gave birth to the king's first grandchild who was named Arthur in honor of his father and grandfather. With consent from the Prince of Wales, Arthur I transferred the title of Duke of Lancaster which had belonged to his son onto his grandson upon his christening therefore creating the precedent of giving the title of Duke of Lancaster to the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. Duke Arthur would be followed by five more surviving children from Prince Arthur's marriage to Isabella, three male and two female.

The Prince of Wales became King Arthur II when his father suddenly died on a hot summer day in 1528. However as people would soon realize, the two kings did not share anything aside from their name.

Arthur I during his reign had built the reputation as a benevolent "peace monarch," but as soon as his son took the reins, the time of peace in England would abruptly end. From a young age, Arthur II had a visceral hatred toward France and this was further cemented by his friendship with his cousin and brother-in-law Charles V, the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain. In a letter written by Arthur to his cousin the Emperor shortly before he became king of England, he wrote, "just as my grandfather liberated England from the tyranny of King Richard, with your help, I will liberate former English lands from the tyranny of King Francis."

And this is exactly what Arthur did shortly after ascending to the throne. In 1530 with the assistance of his cousin and brother-in-law Emperor Charles and his other brother-in-law John III of Portugal, Arthur launched a full-scale of France with his late father's best friend and former Lord Chancellor Charles Brandon serving as the leading English general. After much fighting, the invasion proved to be a success and as a result the French had surrendered much land in the north such as the city of Boulogne giving England a generous foothold in continental Europe in addition to the already-English city of Calais.

However, even this did not completely please Arthur who wanted all of France to be under his reign. Following the success of his first invasion, he met with Charles V and John III who with him had formed a "triple alliance" to launch another invasion of France, this time possibly taking more if not all land. However, such an invasion was to be delayed by events at home.

By the 1530's many people were fed up with the corruption of the Roman Catholic Church, the dominant religion of Western Europe, and wanted it to be reformed. At the forefront of these reforms was Alfred Hennessy, a young Irish priest. Hennessy petitioned the Catholic Church to change some of their doctrine such as to discontinue the sale of indulgences, preach a more literal interpretation of the Bible, recognize the Eucharist as a merely a symbolic representation of Jesus's body and blood and allow clergy to marry. However, the pope refused to listen to any of Hennessy's reforms and in 1536 promptly excommunicated him.

This therefore began what became to be known as the "Protestant Reformation." Hennessianism (also known as "Protestantism" because the members of Hennessian churches were protesting practices of the Catholic Church) spread like wildfire throughout Ireland and into northern Scotland, Wales, Brittany and as far south into Gascony. It also later started to spread eastward into Norway and to a lesser extent into Sweden though Denmark remained for the most part staunchly Catholic.

Ireland known as the "birthplace of the Reformation" was under the control of King Arthur II at the time of the Reformation. Upon his ascension to the English throne, Arthur also gained the title “Lord of Ireland” passed down from his father. Being an extremely devout Catholic and the leader of the nation from where Hennessy hailed, Arthur was predictably an early foe of the Reformation. In 1535 when Father Hennessy’s famous pamphlet “A Concise Thesis of Grievances of the Most Holy Catholic Church” (commonly referred to as “Hennessey’s List”) was published, King Arthur penned a scathing letter to the Pope telling him to excommunicate Hennessy and his followers explaining that the reformers would only go away if the Pope worked with him to take action. The Pope complied with the king’s request and publicly denounced the pamphlet and just a few months later excommunicated Hennessey and many of his followers.

However, the excommunication of the Hennessians only gave them grounds to form into their own churches, and thus proved to be a bad idea for the Catholics. Arthur seeing that the Reformation started in his own country thought it was his job to stop it in its tracks. In 1537, he took his first step toward fighting the Reformation though this was only merely symbolic in nature. By act of parliament, he changed his title from Lord of Ireland to King of Ireland. This was done to show the Irish that while they were at the forefront of the reformation, they were subjects of a Catholic King. Arthur then proceeded to punish many of the reformers...

Fun Fact:

- Unlike his father who showed little interest in sports, Arthur II loved tennis and even credited with creating his own variant of the game known as "kingball."

Last edited:
Very nice update! Although a few things come to mind.
By the 1530's many people were fed up with the corruption of the Roman Catholic Church, the dominant religion of Western Europe, and wanted it to be reformed. At the forefront of these reforms was Alfred Hennessy, a young Irish priest. Hennessy petitioned the Catholic Church to change some of their doctrine such as to discontinue the sale of indulgences, preach a more literal interpretation of the Bible, recognize the Eucharist as a merely a symbolic representation of Jesus's body and blood and allow clergy to marry. However, the pope refused to listen to any of Hennessy's reforms and in 1536 promptly excommunicated him.

Why would the pope excommunicate someone who wants to reform the Church?

This therefore began what became to be known as the "Protestant Reformation." Hennessianism (also known as "Protestantism" because the members of Hennessian churches were protesting practices of the Catholic Church) spread like wildfire.. However, the excommunication of the Hennessians only gave them grounds to form into their own churches, and thus proved to be a bad idea for the Catholics.

Hennessianism? Is that like Calvinism mixed with Anglican?

Unlike his father who showed little interest in sports, Arthur II loved tennis and even credited with creating his own variant of the game known as "kingball."

Finally, why would the English king ENJOY tennis? Isn't that a French sport?

Brilliant first part :) King Arthur II's reign seems to be going well, why does it feel too well ;)

Who will be the next king:
Arthur III
Stephen II
John II
Edward V
Edmund I
:confused:
Or does one of his daughters become Queen
Catherine I
Elizabeth I
Mary I
Margaret I?

Very nice update!

Thank you! :D

Hennessianism? Is that like Calvinism mixed with Anglican?

Something like that. As of now, Hennessianism and Protestantism are synonyms for each other but this might change later.

Finally, why would the English king ENJOY tennis? Isn't that a French sport?

IOTL Henry VIII enjoyed tennis and he was not particularly fond of the French himself.

Brilliant first part

Thank you very much! :D

King Arthur II's reign seems to be going well, why does it feel too well

Well, it's not over yet...

Who will be the next king:
Arthur III
Stephen II
John II
Edward V
Edmund I

Or does one of his daughters become Queen
Catherine I
Elizabeth I
Mary I
Margaret I?

Well according to the male-favored primogeniture used by England back then, Arthur II's eldest son Arthur, the Prince of Wales is next in line to become King. And then his heirs if and when he has any. Then his brothers and their heirs and his sisters and their heirs. So as of now, it's looking that Arthur is going to succeed his father as Arthur III but you never know, this can change if he predeceases him.

Arthur II Part Two goes up right now! :D

ARTHUR II
King of England and Lord/King of Ireland

1528-1565

170px-Edward_Seymour_Duke_of_Somerset.jpg

PART II

Arthur II seeing Hennessianism as a threat to the church took action quick. In 1540, he issued a statement denouncing all followers of Hennessy as heretic and ordered all of them to be burned at the stake. Knowing that many more Hennessians lived in Wales and Ireland than England, the king knew that he had to use force to accomplish his goals in these areas. Therefore, the king had the military occupy each of these countries and enforce that the "heretics" convert back to Catholicism or be burned at the stake for heresy. He appointed a Lord Governor to each country to oversee this. Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk, a general who aided Arthur with his reconquests of France early in his reign and was his father’s Lord Chancellor was appointed the first Lord Governor of Ireland. There was much backlash to the militarizations of Ireland and Wales causing many more executions though for the most part, people converted back to Catholicism to avoid a horrible death.

Hennessy himself naturally refused to convert. He organized his entire hometown, the heavily protestant Derry in Northern Ireland to refuse as well. To make a long story short, King Arthur was not amused and called for Governor Brandon and the military to take action. On March 22, 1542 in what became known as the “Derry Massacre” or “Bloody Wednesday,” the English army ransacked the town killing over a hundred people. The town’s Protestant clergymen including Hennessy himself were taken into captivity and sent to the tower of London. The men and women were all found guilty for heresy and they were sentenced to death by burning at the stake.

Hennessy’s execution by any means did not kill the Reformation and in fact made it stronger as the memory of their late leader lived on many people directly blamed the Catholic Church for his death. By this time, the Reformation had reached Scandinavia in particular Norway and northern Sweden. However another problem arose when in 1543 when Gustav Vasa, the King of Sweden converted to Protestantism. This angered many Catholic Swedes but was welcome news for the Protestant Norwegians who actually hoped that Gustav would invade Norway and become their king instead and liberate them from the rule of heavily Catholic Denmark under Christian II, a devout Catholic and brother-in-law of Charles V, the Holy Roman Emperor. As a result, a few Norwegian nobles went to Sweden to convince Gustav to invade and capture the country from Christian like he liberated Sweden from Danish rule twenty years earlier. Gustav relented after the Norwegian nobles paid him a large sum of money and sent an army into Norway.

Gustav stormed the Norwegian court which was occupied by associates of King Christian who was in his native Denmark and asked for a peaceful surrender of Norway to him. When Christian’s associates refused, Gustav’s army killed him giving him way to crown himself King of Sweden much to the cheer of the Norwegian people. When King Christian soon found out King Gustav had taken Norway from him, he predictably declared war on Sweden thus began the two-year-long Great Northern War.

Christian’s brother-in-law Emperor Charles quickly came to his defense and ordered several thousand troops up to Norway to defeat Gustav Vasa. Both the Danish King and the Emperor feared that if he wasn’t stopped, Gustav would capture Denmark and create another Kalmar Union but under Protestantism and maybe even push into some of the Emperor’s territories in the northern part of the region of Germany. Shortly after Charles joined, King James V of Scotland, a cousin of Arthur II and also a strong Catholic, (who succeeded to the throne in 1535 following the death of his father James IV) also entered the war effort on Christian’s side fearing that a Protestant Norway under Gustav might seek to take some heavily Protestant lands in the northern part of Scotland just right across the North Sea. Finally, Arthur II joined the war for no reason other than to defeat Protestantism. Gustav’s only ally during the war was Ivan IV of Moscow who many historians suspect was paid off to fight for him. France surprisingly stayed neutral violating their Auld Alliance with Scotland probably for two reasons: King Francis although devoutly Catholic had a reputation for being tolerant toward Protestants who were a rising population in his country (particularly in Brittany and Gascony) and joining the war on Christian’s side would completely destroy this; and that France had lost a lot of money during Arthur’s conquests early in his reign and simply could not afford another war.

King Christian having the support of three foreign monarchs expected an easy victory but this would not be the case as the Swedish, Norwegian and Russian armies were more adept to fighting in the freezing cold taiga of northern Scandinavia than the Danish, Imperial, Scottish and English armies and therefore the war dragged on as a bloody stalemate. In September 1546, the war would finally come to an end where Gustav Vasa was defeated and killed at the Battle of Tromsø. His sons were captured and exiled to Ireland where the victorious Christian II was able to not only reclaim Norway but also Sweden placing all three countries under Catholic rule and re-establishing a union between them called the Nordic Union, similar to the defunct Kalmar Union.

Even after this huge victory for Catholicism in Scandinavia, the elephant in the room still remained in the room for King Arthur II… France. King Francis’s decision not to intervene in the Great Northern War and help the Catholic cause continued to hurt him and he became very unpopular with Catholics in his country. Furthermore, he had recently cemented an alliance with the Ottoman Turkish ruler Suleiman which also made people question his commitment to the Catholic faith as most 16th century French Catholics hated Muslims even more than Protestants.

Arthur II and Emperor Charles V saw the unpopularity of the king of France as an excuse to stage another invasion of the country. The two men planned to have France fight on three fronts with Arthur attacking from the north and the Emperor attacking from the west from Spain and from the East from Savoy. However, this was not to happen and this plan was eventually trashed for something much more convenient...

Fun Facts:

- Arthur was reported to in his life time to have been fluent in at least six languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German and Danish.
- Arthur loved to hunt and a bear he once killed in the Pyrenees was on his orders brought to England, stuffed, and placed in one of the halls of Hampton Court Palace.

Last edited: