Another American TL

Ok, well this is my first attempt at creating a timeline based on America. I'm starting it off back in 1787. Feel free to post and comment, hopefully I don't screw it up to bad.

Birth of A New Nation

It’s been four years since the end of American Revolution, and Americans learned that creating a Republic wouldn’t be as easy as they had thought. In that period under the Articles of Confederation, there had one rebellion in Massachusetts led by disgruntled farmers which spread into a wider conflict some referred to as Shays Rebellion , a debt that still needed to be paid to Great Britain, and they had no way to raise an army or create taxes. Something needed to change.

In July of 1787, 39 delegates from the thirteen states convened in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to create a more stable and for all intensive purposes one that will resolve the problems that the Articles of Confederation had created. Notable delegates were Alexander Hamilton from New York, James Madison, Richard Henry Lee, George Mason and George Washington from Virginia, John Adams, John Hancock, and Rufus King from Massachusetts to name a few. These men convened in what was known then as Constitutional Convention, there these men argued what would be the best way to create a stronger central government. Larger states like Virginia and Massachusetts wanted for a representation for each state based off of the population of said state giving them an edge. While some states like Rhode Island and Delaware argued for a base representation. It wasn’t until Roger Sherman and Oliver Ellsworth from Connecticut merged the two plans into one, and both sides agreed to it. What his plan did was create was a governmental system based off both ideas.

But that was only one argument, there was still the issue of what would be considered in the governments abilities. Would they be able to lay taxes? Would they be able to create a standing army? Who would be considered an American? Who would have basic rights, if so what would they be? Shay’s rebellion, which had only been put to rest a couple of months now, had brought upon the idea of each citizen being able to own guns so that incase of war or unrest they can be called up and place in militia's. There were two sides to this argument, one led by so called Federalists, who composed of Alexander Hamilton and his followers, while there was also the Anti-federalist, who were composed of George Mason and his followers. Federalists called for a larger, more powerful government, while the latter wanted a smaller less power one. In the end things calmed down, and they settled for a moderate government where every citizen had a set group of rights in the new Government. They were later known as the bill of rights. One key right would allow for all people living in America at this time, would be considered an American Citizen.

One key topic that was carefully avoided was that of Slavery. People from the North didn’t use slaves to the same extent that it was in the South, slavery did exist in the north but The South used them as a tool and treated them as property. These actions disgusted some of the northerners like John Adams, and they tried to get it as part of the Articles of Confederation, but the slave holding states to the south refused to join and vote to accept the Articles if they were there so they had to take it out.

Things settled down and the first presidential election was held, and George Washington won in a landslide, the next closest person John Adams, the Federalist from Massachusetts, became his vice president. Washington now had the decision of who to chose for his advisors to his presidency. He selected Alexander Hamilton to Secretary of Treasury, Thomas Jefferson as Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Henry Lee as the Secretary of war. The choice of Lee of Secretary of War was quite the surprise to many people that he would choose two people who had tried to run against him as two of his closest aides.

In any case times were better in Washington's first term in office because of Shay’s rebellion in the year prior, Washington had ordered Lee to create a standing army of 7,500 men that are to be trained and ready for war or rebellion. Jefferson favoring the French in all foreign matters had spent time in France working on policies that would promote trade between the two nations. While Hamilton had his hands full dealing with the debt that every state had massed throughout the war. The debt was high, but in Hamilton’s words “ together, we the people of the United States of America shall make this debt just a minor inconvenience.”

He set forth to rally support for his idea which he dubbed the Union Commercial Plan. His plan was to merge the states debt into one, large nationwide debt, this way it would be able to be paid off quicker rather than have every state finish its reparations at different times. After this his plan called for the creation of a standardized government treasury, one that would hold the country’s money and deal with loans and speculating land. The plan was sound, but many were skeptical of the creation of the National Treasury, but his plan would pay off in the long run.

Till then however, the House of Representatives, under the suggestion of Hamilton, had implemented an excise tax on Whiskey and other distilled spirits. This caused an uproar among some of the citizens in the backwoods who had created and sold whiskey as a trade. This tax, which quickly became known as the “whiskey tax”, had turned into an armed protest by these backwoods citizens who had taken to harassing tax collectors and burning effigies of Washington dressed like King George. Washington would not have any of this, and ordered Lee’s newly trained army to meet him in Philadelphia, where he himself would lead the troops that would suppress this Whiskey Rebellion. When they arrived in western Pennsylvania he was greeted by the rebels, who upon sight of Washington had laid down their arms and peacefully walked back to their homes. Not one shot was needed to be fired by the newly formed American army, the mere sight of Washington on his white horse was enough to put down the rebellion in its infancy.

After the rebellion things were calm until the United States would receive their first tragedy the death of Vice President John Adams. Adams went along with ambassador John Jay to talk and create a somewhat better relationship with their former British rulers. There he would contract Typhoid Fever and pass away in Great Britain. Due to this being close to the end of Washington’s term he would not appoint a new Vice President. A service was held in Boston, where President Washington and similar people went to and paid their respects.

With Adams passing away, the next election continued to be a landslide with Washington winning again. This time, Washington selected Alexander Hamilton as his new Vice President, Lee and Jefferson retained their positions, and appointed Oliver Wolcott Jr. to replace Hamilton as Secretary of Treasury.

Last edited:
The Second Term

During Washington’s second term, tensions between Hamilton and Jefferson were on the rise. Jefferson a firm Democratic-Republican and supporter of the French, while Hamilton who led the Federalist party and British supporter. One of the key topics they fought over was the creation of the National Treasury. Jefferson, who believed that the Constitution should be interpreted literally and that the Treasury was a breach upon that would not allow it, while Hamilton cited that the Treasury was a necessity for advancing the American Economy. Over the next few weeks, Hamilton and Jefferson would argue multiple times in Cabinet meetings, leading to Jefferson resigning from his post as Secretary of Foreign Affairs citing he could not work with the “Federalist Dogs” who ran the country no longer.

Washington needing a new Secretary, placed Thomas Pinckney in the role in hopes that he would be able to achieve a more peaceful cabinet. By doing this he created the first Partisan Cabinets in American history.

With this, Hamilton’s creation of the National Treasury went smoothly. One of the key features of Hamilton’s bank would be the speculation of land. After the war, the young nation would have more land than it would know what to do with. Being confined to east of the Appalachians, the Western lands were left pure from American Colonization. Now, there were waves of people itching at the chance to start a new, and leave the Eastern seaboard. The buying of federal land by people helped to pay off war debts and eventually the debt was considerably smaller than when it was with the Articles of Confederation.

One problem with the mass immigration of the land to the west was that the land was already inhabited by people, collectively known as the Western Confederacy or as the Americans referred to them as the Miami Confederacy. They would not take too kindly to the intrusion of their land, and they began to organize war parties to go out and raid the newly formed American Settlements. They reached out to the English for support and the English who were still bitter over the Revolutionary War, sent weapons but could not do more. With these weapons the Indians caught the attention of Washington and other officials back in Philadelphia. Washington in response to this ordered the 2nd Battalion lead by Major Henry Knox, to march out to the newly improved Fort Pittsburgh, there they would rearm and refuel before the 1st Battalion lead by Colonel Anthony Wayne would link up and together they would march out to Fort Recovery in Ohio.

They marched out to Recovery, and they began to build up the poorly raised defences, but before they could finish they were attacked by a joint army of Blue Jacket and Little Turtle. The indian confederacy massed a war party of roughly 1800 warriors, while the American Army numbered 1600 troops would square off in the first real battle in American Military History.

The Battle of Fort Recovery started around dusk, when the Indian joint army struck at the south wall, and the fighting was fierce. Major Knox was rallying the troops for the duration of the battle, till he was struck down by a musket ball. Then, Blue Jacket led another attack up against the North wall, and that had split up the remaining American Troops. They fought throughout the night and by the morning, the Americans had suffered heavy losses but they had held their own throughout the night. Total casualty numbers were 883 Americans were injured or killed, while the Indians had suffered roughly 930 killed or injured. While it was a technical win, they had suffered dearly losing Colonel Knox and the American army in the North West was decimated.

Philadelphia was scrambling to put together another force, the rest of the standing army was farther away in the south. They put together an army of militia and placed Arthur St. Clair in charge. He was ordered by Philadelphia to march out to Fort Recovery and join Major Wayne, who was promoted after the Battle of Fort Recovery. St. Clair made it to Fort Recovery, and now it was the American’s turn to go on the offensive. General Casimir Pulaski
, famed cavalry commander in the Revolution, had discovered the location of Blue Jackets camp outside the Miami Indian Tribe camp.

Major Wayne and General Pulaski began their attack at dawn and started off with a grand artillery barrage on Blue Jacket’s camp, followed by Wayne’s army engaging the Natives in their own camp. The final blow would be when Pulaski’s Legion came and flanked the camp. The battle was over in a little more than an hour. During the battle Blue Jacket was cornered by some of Wayne’s men and when went to attack he was killed. Little Turtle was captured and he was brought before Wayne. American casualties were 189, while the Natives suffered 426.

The war was over and the Miami Confederacy was forced to sign the Treaty of Ohio, which in trade for cloths, animals, and materials totaling roughly 10,000 dollars, while the Confederacy was forced to give over most of Ohio and the Fort Detroit area. The first war in the American History was a success and would be a staple that Military was held to.

While the War with the Confederacy was going on, Ambassador John Jay was in England, to discuss the Arming of Natives and that they had not turned over all the forts that they had established in the Ohio area. Similarly, Secretary of Foreign Affairs Pinckney was in Spain. Pinckney finished his treaty first and in what was know as the Treaty of San Lorenzo gave the US rights to use the Mississippi river and also gave them the ability to use the harbor in New Orleans. One of the most interesting part was that the Spanish also ceded West Florida to the United States. They got all of this for the price of 1 million dollars which the Spanish Government needed.

People in the states rejoiced at the Treaty of San Lorenzo, while in England, Ambassador Jay was having a harder time. The English had agreed to pull their troops out of the forts, while they refused to even acknowledge the fact that it was them making life hell for the the frontier Americans. They had only agreed to the recall of their troops and had also agreed to a set border between the US-Canadian border. Jay unhappy with the treaty knew he would be in trouble for only getting this small treaty done, but there was nothing he could do. He signed the treaty and returned home, to where he was criticized for being too lenient to the Crown.

The rest of Washington’s presidency was rather quiet. The rest of the world on the other hand was rather loud. The Peasants in France have risen up against their former oppressors. The French after seeing the Americans do something similar rose up to free themselves from tyranny.

Washington during his last few days in office warned his fellow politicians that they should not trust the European powers and that they should stay isolated so that they would be able to only focus on American problems.

I find this TL enjoyable. It seems to me that the USA will become more centralized and militaristic then OTL. With the Jay treaty being less then OTL the Americans will not be having as much problems with the French as in OTL. That means the War of 1812 will maybe go diffidently then OTL. One of the reason is that the American have a better military and better relationship with France then OTL.

Sounds interesting. With Adams dying so early, before the first Presidential Succession Act in 1792 it appears, I wonder if Congress will pass a law right away in that act providing the President can appoint a new VP once that office is vacant.

I find this TL enjoyable. It seems to me that the USA will become more centralized and militaristic then OTL. With the Jay treaty being less then OTL the Americans will not be having as much problems with the French as in OTL. That means the War of 1812 will maybe go diffidently then OTL. One of the reason is that the American have a better military and better relationship with France then OTL.

I'm glad you like it. Yeah, America will be a tad bit more militaristic that may change depending on who gets elected next.

I have in my mind for it to be Hamilton vs Jefferson.

Sounds interesting. With Adams dying so early, before the first Presidential Succession Act in 1792 it appears, I wonder if Congress will pass a law right away in that act providing the President can appoint a new VP once that office is vacant.

Since Adams had passed away closer to the end of Wash's first term, it really didn't matter so congress never really considered it.

Thanks for reading

This is interesting, can't wait to see where this goes. Kind of sucks that Adams and Knox died and that Jefferson resigned, but I do like some of the other changes, like the French Revolution appearing to start later and your use of some of lesser known American commanders.

Also, I do not know, nor do I care how you had Casimir Pulaski survive the Siege of Savannah, because neither of those matter. What matters is that you have Casimir Pulaski survive and continue to kick ass for the Stars and Stripes. I don't think I've ever seen that in a TL before.

This is interesting, can't wait to see where this goes. Kind of sucks that Adams and Knox died and that Jefferson resigned, but I do like some of the other changes, like the French Revolution appearing to start later and your use of some of lesser known American commanders.

Also, I do not know, nor do I care how you had Casimir Pulaski survive the Siege of Savannah, because neither of those matter. What matters is that you have Casimir Pulaski survive and continue to kick ass for the Stars and Stripes. I don't think I've ever seen that in a TL before.

Well, just cause he resigned doesn't mean that he's given up....

I always thought Pulaski was an underappreciated/unknown commander during the Revolution. So, I figured that I'd keep him.

Thanks for reading

Political Tensions

A popular topic during the tail end of Washington’s presidency was who would be his successor. In the Federalist camp, there was Hamilton who was one of the few people born outside of the US that would be able to run for presidency or possibly Henry Lee but that was a serious stretch. While in the Republican camp there was Jefferson, who made it clear that he would run for President in the upcoming election; or perhaps the upstart James Madison who after the Constitutional Convention, returned to Virginia and became the state’s first Governor.

It became clear that this upcoming Presidential race would come down to Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson. During this election however, name calling and public accusations would become a norm. Jefferson had accused Hamilton of being pro-British and that he would support them instead of the French, who Jefferson had held in high regard. Hamilton on the other hand had not resorted to such accusation and preferred to focus on the fact that Jefferson had backed out of the Government before, what would stop him from doing it again.

The election had turned out to be much closer than anyone had first guessed, with Hamilton taking 9 states, most of which were located in the North, while Jefferson had carried the southern states. The was another victory for the Federalist party while the Republicans had lost another battle. Hamilton now in power selected his cabinet and continued to place Federalists in power. He placed Rufus King as his Vice President, he retained Pinckney as his Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Wolcott jr as his Secretary of Treasury. A surprising pick was Pulaski as his Secretary of War. Many people were cautious towards picking him as the Secretary of War since he didn’t speak English as well as some others, but the one thing he did understand was warfare and that’s all that matters.

The French Revolution was pretty much over, the peasants had successfully revolted and instituted a republic just like their American counterparts. As a way to please his Republican adversaries Hamilton had sent Pinckney and his advisors to the new French Republic to help set up new American embassy and to help the new Presidente in anything he could need. But when he arrived, French emissaries had not allowed them to make to the President, citing that they needed to pay for a visit with the President. When Secretary returned home and told Hamilton of what happened he was furious. He would not pay for such a visit and was insulted by this. He requested that congress allow him to place an embargo on French goods, and with a Federalist Congress it passed without a second thought.

Jefferson after hearing of the embargo went into a frenzy, writing article after article criticizing the Hamiltonian Administration for being too harsh on the French. To which the the Congress, had passed the Seditious Material Act. Such an act prohibited the writing of material criticizing the action of the President. This action led, both Madison and Jefferson to openly endorse that Hamilton be impeached for violating the Bill of Rights, but nothing ever came of this.

To make matters worse, the French Diplomat here in America, Alexandre Augustin-Beaumont, had tried to rally support on Madison and Jefferson’s behalf, which enraged many Federalists to the point in which they had brought him before a military tribunal for espionage and trying to create civil unrest. The case was never finished due to the French recalling Beaumont and forcing the American Government to relinquish him.

Hamilton had secured the funds to create a large navy then what was originally in service, his plan called for the creation of 5 Constitution class Frigates with roughly 7-8 smaller frigates to be constructed. These would take some time but would greatly improve the Naval capabilities that the US had. To go with this, Pulaski had requested for the creation of a second army, smaller than that of the original standing army, only 5,000 men. He also created a rival military school in South Carolina to help increase the amount of skilled officers in the army. A secondary purpose for creating the school was to train skilled cavalry units, similar to the ones that Pulaski led during the revolution.

With the navy that Hamilton did have however, after noticing that French vessels had been pirating the American trade ships, gave them the right to attack French ships. This began what was called the Quasi-war, but many in America referred to it as the French-American war. There were no real open declarations of war but the pirating of American and French vessels was vicious. This period last for about a year and a half before French Diplomat Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord and Thomas Pinckney met in Madrid, Spain where they would work out the Treaty of Madrid. In the treaty, both American and French warships would stop attacking trade vessels, and the embargo would be lifted by America for both damages and a payment of money that combined with the damages would total roughly 2.5 million dollars.

Once things had settled down, Hamilton’s presidency turned out to be a pleasant one. Congress had created the Northwest Ordinance of 1799 had laid the guidelines of how to add these new territories to the union. There was a flare up when Senator Thomas Jefferson, he became a senator following the failed run at presidency, had placed a anti-slavery clause in the Ordinance that passed in all the northern states but was hated in the South. This was the first real argument over slavery in the United States. Aside from that, the rest of the presidency was smooth and Hamilton was a shoo in for the next years campaign to be president.

Could Jefferson and some of the Federalists find common ground with ant-slavery legislation.

As a Senator, is there a way that he can develop a plan, a compromise to restrict slavery more than what it was OTL? That is to make expansion of slavery a mute point from the get go.

The Louisiana Purchase is coming up, I can see Jefferson promoting for no slavery outside what will become the state of Louisiana, further setting the precedent of no slavery outside of where it already exists.

I like it so far. I will say that Jefferson should run again, and lose, but without any legal limits how long does Hamilton retain the presidency? He probably won't have a crazed Aaron Burr after him, so we don't really have a set timeline on how long he should live. Perhaps Jefferson never even becomes president. It could very well pass right over him. I could see Madison running later on though.

Haven't finished reading through yet, but it's a real pet peeve of mine to see someone say "for all intensive purposes". That should be "for all intents and purposes".

Just a nitpick, though. Haven't read a good Founding-era American timeline in a while.

Now that I have read it, I'd also have to say that those fights with the Native Americans were bloody. Noticeably moreso than OTL, and I'm not convinced that one army or another would break completely in the face of those kinds of losses.

Lastly, I hope you say a bit more about the French Revolution than you do here, since there seem to have been considerable changes that raise quite a few questions of their own.

Last edited:
Could Jefferson and some of the Federalists find common ground with ant-slavery legislation.

As a Senator, is there a way that he can develop a plan, a compromise to restrict slavery more than what it was OTL? That is to make expansion of slavery a mute point from the get go.

The Louisiana Purchase is coming up, I can see Jefferson promoting for no slavery outside what will become the state of Louisiana, further setting the precedent of no slavery outside of where it already exists.

I mean it's a possibility but it will be one hell of an argument in the senate.

I like it so far. I will say that Jefferson should run again, and lose, but without any legal limits how long does Hamilton retain the presidency? He probably won't have a crazed Aaron Burr after him, so we don't really have a set timeline on how long he should live. Perhaps Jefferson never even becomes president. It could very well pass right over him. I could see Madison running later on though.

Hamilton will run and if he wins he'll follow what Washington did, question is, what does he do after that?:cool:

Is there going be anything on the Barbary War?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

To appeal to the Democratic-Republicans and help the nation develop, the Federalist could allow the states to establish their own state-owned banks. Hey, it's working out for North Dakota.

Damnit, I knew I forgot something. The bank's idea is actually a good idea. Mind if I borrow it?

Please continue Sir, I think you have a winner here.

Haha, thanks man. All the support helps :D

Haven't finished reading through yet, but it's a real pet peeve of mine to see someone say "for all intensive purposes". That should be "for all intents and purposes".

Just a nitpick, though. Haven't read a good Founding-era American timeline in a while.

Now that I have read it, I'd also have to say that those fights with the Native Americans were bloody. Noticeably moreso than OTL, and I'm not convinced that one army or another would break completely in the face of those kinds of losses.

Lastly, I hope you say a bit more about the French Revolution than you do here, since there seem to have been considerable changes that raise quite a few questions of their own.

Yeah, I am sorry bout that, I thought that was the right one. Guess not. And yeah that war was very bloody. But that was them trying to stem the tide of white immigration that failed. Finally, I'm thinking I may have to do a entry about France and Spain/England soon. Followed by Italy and Germany later on. I don't know much about them other than my World History course back in freshman year, (I'm a senior taking European History now after two years of US History).

Did you just handwave away the revolutionary wars of France, rise of Napoleon, the concert of Europe, and the collapse of the Spanish Empire?

Care to do some "splainin"

Haha, relax. Napoleon will be there. Just wait. Things are a wee bit different. Could you tell me what the Concert of Europe is? And ill do an update for Europe soon I promise:)

Haha, relax. Napoleon will be there. Just wait. Things are a wee bit different. Could you tell me what the Concert of Europe is? And ill do an update for Europe soon I promise:)

Well it can't be all that different, as the revolutionary wars of France were ultimately part of what lead to Spain selling Louisiana to them, and them to the US, and the later Napoleonic gutting of Spain is what allows the Spanish Empire to fall apart. Absent some of that stuff, and the US is facing a massive and united Spanish empire across the Mississippi when it tries to expand westward, which will make manifest destiny that much harder.

The concert of europe was sort of a proto league of nations idea. Post Napoleonic wars to try to keep a lid on another pan european war of that scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_of_Europe

Vive la Révolution

The Republic of France was a short lived pipe dream. During the French Revolution, the people rose up to end the Nobility’s stranglehold on the country. They revolt much like their American Cousins who they had just helped rebel against their English Overlords. The revolution ended in the execution of King Louis XVI’s beheading, and right after that they rushed to create a new and improved government, one that would be fair and cater to all Frenchmen and women. But this government was full of corruption, so much so that it had caused a flare up with the Americans, causing a large naval conflict in the Caribbean sea and Atlantic Ocean.

The man placed in charge of the military a Corsican by the name of Napoleon Bonaparte saw the flaws in the government and realized things needed to change. Bonaparte had served with great skill during the revolution commanding his brigade. He was given command of the cannon in the army, something he had studied in depth in back in school.

He witnessed the growing dissent that the French people had with the government, when news of the XYZ affair with America happened. The French people like the Americans they didn’t want to fight them. But the new Presidente, Lucas Richelieu, one of the revolutionary leaders, had other plans. He was a more imperialistic ruler, wishing to create a new French Empire, one that would rival the English.

The Presidente had already brought one part of the empire back together when the Spanish returned the former french colony of Louisiana. Doing this had brought the American’s attention to a peak, as one would have expected. What followed was the XYZ affair which, as previously mentioned, had put a strain on the relationship between the Americans and French. Then leading to the Quasi-Naval war between the two.

But that was just politically, economically times had barely changed from when King Louis was king. The only real change was that Richelieu had kept taxes down, but people were still hungry. They had survived by importing food from both America and Spain, but Richelieu wasn’t bringing the country up to speed. When his term had ended, people had expected that he would just step down after a failed presidency, but he did not, and declared martial law in all of France.

The Secretary of war Napoleon had seen enough and met with some of his close subordinates. They planned a Coup d'Etat, against Richelieu, but such an action would require not only his army. It would require the support of the people, who had been unhappy that Richelieu had not stepped down.

The plan would start with Napoleon claiming that there was an uprising in the the land surrounding Paris, there he would rally support and march on the presidential compound. While he did that with his army, two other generals (Antoine Drouot and Joseph Piston) would do similar actions outside of Lyons and Orleans. The stages were set for the second French Revolution, and in June of 1804, the coup went into action.

The first part of the plan went off without a hitch, but for the second part, Piston’s army had mutinied against him preventing Orleans from falling and alerting Richelieu to the revolution. Napoleon had rallied support for the coup however causing for muskets to be fired in the streets against the soldiers who had stayed loyal to tyrannical presidente. To make an example of the rebels, Richelieu had executed Joseph Piston. Napoleon upon hearing of Piston’s death said “Today, France has lost one of her true patriots.”

Napoleon had begun to lay siege to Paris, while Drouot laid siege to Lyons. To the south, the middle class had openly revolted and formed their own army and invaded Mariselle and the surrounding countryside. These peasants had no allegiance to Napoleon to the north and rebelled for their own chance at glory. The war in the north was a lot slower to the north since they were a little more loyal to Richelieu.

The southern rebels then went after Montpelier where the main group of Loyalist army was located. The two armies met just outside the city, and one of the bloodiest battles of the revolution. The rebel army numbered roughly 10,000 rebels poorly trained but had they had slightly more supplies do to constant raiding, compared to the loyalist army which was 7,500 who were trained and had less supplies, but they had two cannons with them. The battle started around midday and continued on till the night of the next day. The rebels had beaten the loyalist army, and taken the town of Montpelier but at a cost.

In the north, the rebellion finally started to see some action. Richelieu had rallied his troops and sallied forth to meet Napoleon’s army as it laid siege to Paris. This battle did not last long as the loyalist army was torn to shreds by both the artillery and small arms fire of Napoleon’s army. Richelieu had tried to halt the retreat of his troops, before he was struck down by Napoleon’s troops fire.

The rebellion had ended, but now France was split by two different governments, a Free French Republic to the south and a new French Empire to the north. Both governments had no hatred to each other but neither wanted to combine back to create a unified France. To the north, Napoleon had claimed the throne of France and became their first consul of France. While to the south, in what was being called the Marseille Republic had elected Francois Girard-Roux, the colonel who had led the rebels to victory in the Battle of Montpelier.

Worldwide support was split, The English and Prussians supported the Marseille Republican government, while the Spanish supported the French government. The Americans on the other hand, were split they had been friendly towards both of the French countries and traded with both but if push came to shove who knows what they’d do.

Well, this if my first attempt at drawing a map, the red is the Marseille Republic, the blue is the French Empire, and finally the black is disputed between the two.

Incase you guys were wondering, the American colonies are property of the Empire not the Republic

Capture.PNG