Building an Earth-like World Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it seems that both CWP and BEW have gone silent and seem empty of activity. I've recently been reading around the forum on some worldbuilding ideas and I've decided to restart BEW. The project will proceed different stages where we will discuss a range of topics and ideas. Anybody is allowed to pitch in any idea as long as it is realistic and it is not fantastical and other contributors can either accept, reject, or revise ideas.

The first topic of discussion will revolve around the layout of the continents and other landmasses.

l8cEKqh.png

i also want to participate, but i don't know how to edit digital maps.

so i'll hang out back here, making somewhat vague suggestions first, and then helping with the cultural and linguistic stuff.

i suggest multiple continents, or maybe island chains.

three or four large-ish continents, and the rest are islands.

one of the large ones should be at the North Pole.

so yeah. can i join? :):):)

I too have become really interested in world building. I'd love to join this project.

I propose one really large continent with a lot of smaller continents and islands nearby and surrounding it on various sides. Perhaps another medium sized continent further away.

Also, I think this should be in mapgames.

Last edited:
i also want to participate, but i don't know how to edit digital maps.

so i'll hang out back here, making somewhat vague suggestions first, and then helping with the cultural and linguistic stuff.

so yeah. can i join? :):):)

Yeah, you can. :D

Any thoughts on my first drawing?

Well uh its not very realistic... A continent in that area is likely to have a lot of rough edges due to erosion

Also an arctic continent was done in the first run maybe we could instead have only an antarctic continent that is fused with another major landmass?

Well uh its not very realistic... A continent in that area is likely to have a lot of rough edges due to erosion

Also an arctic continent was done in the first run maybe we could instead have only an antarctic continent that is fused with another major landmass?

hn~~ that sounds better than my first proposal~

I'd love to join!

I also agree with this:

So three-four China-sized continents, but mostly islands that are more significant than the continents.

The map looks really good so far, any idea for how differently global geo-politics and different cultures, their relations and migrations well work out in a 'large islands' sorta world?

Not by any means a shot at this, but has anyone ever noticed that nothing close to anything like Eurasia of the Mediterranean exists on any fantasy map that isn't very blatantly based on earth?

Last edited:
I'd love to get involved but I'd probably be more useful in the later migratory/cultural stages than the early world building. I do like the idea of an Antarctic Continent extending into Temperate zones.

You can't just post a whole map, it's about people together making the map, not just 1 guy posting the whole thing.

Agreed

I do like the idea of an Antarctic Continent extending into Temperate zones.

This is so a kink of mine.

Here's a rough alpha proposal of an Antarctic landmass. Maybe the bulge is somewhat bigger because it doesn't look like there'd be much temperate land there, maybe make it longer and say it's moving towards or from the Antarctic landmass.

l8cEKqh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.