Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshuvah

Banned
I was going to put this in non-political chat, but it's AH related, so I put it here.

Every Wikipedia on a war or battle has the belligerents, date, outcome, etc. in an info box on the top-right corner of the page, and most people pages have biography sections. The idea behind this thread is simple: edit the infoboxes so that the outcome of a major conflict is different, as if the infobox is from an alternate world.

To do this, simply click the edit option for the article (or, if it's locked, hit "view source"), change the infobox, hit preview*, and take a screenshot.

*Make sure you don't save your changes to the article.

In some cases, the infobox will be separate from the article (I.E. You will see {{WW2Infobox}}). To access this info box, simply type "Template:kissingheart:Whichever one you're looking for*" into the Wikipedia search bar.

Here's an example. This is the OTL WW2 infobox, and this is my alternate one:

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Teshuvah

Banned
Hmm...nobody seems to be interested in this...perhaps I should ask a mod to move it to the book & media board.

Teshuvah

Banned
Not unless some type of government-destroying event happened around 1975.
Umm, I'm assuming the POD occurred during or prior to the Revolutionary War, and since most Americans have parents from Europe, most of those politicians' families probably never met. It's like saying William Shakespeare would be around in a surviving Roman Empire.

This guy was seriously messed-up. The worst serial killer of our generation.

Voorhees infobox.png

If you count all those copycat killers, his death toll numbers in the 100s. Plus, there's still questions on why Voorhees was reported killed in 1984, only to show up out of the blue in the mid-'90s. Some say the person who rampaged through New York and then was blown up by the FBI is another copycat. I guess we'll never know, since the files have been sealed airtight.

Voorhees infobox.png

I tried "Wkifying" stuff once. I suppose I'll try again just for the heck of it and hope it comes out successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.