what if Bohemia regains Austria instead of gaining Silesia

Is this somehow part of he same TL as all your WI's about the Philippines?

No...this is not the part of that tl, I think the Philippines TL would be considered as abandoned but I will create a map for that later.

In the TL that I am planning I will make the Philippines a majapahit chinese hybrid state but I will still create the TL that I am planning.

Last edited:
Adolf of Nassau did make some allusions to Wenceslaus II of Bohemia. However Albrecht like his father Rudolf of Habsburg was a very skilled politician, he didn't do anything to provoke the Empire and only acted, when Adolf of Nassau needed help; he offered support in exchange for being recognized as duke of Austria and Styria.
Besides Ottokar II's expansion in the Austrian lands had been ruled not legal by the Empire. Albrecht (and at the time his younger brother Rudolf) had been legally enfeoffed with Austria and Styria, which were considered fiefs reverted to the Empire. Albrecht hadn't done anything, which would give Adolf any excuse to seize his fief; IMHO if anything, it would have been Thuringia-Meißen for Adolf only sooner.

Silesia and Bohemia is totally unrelated to Austria. Bohemia gained suzerainty over Silesia, a region already heavily under Bohemian influence and/or control at that, in exchange for dropping the Bohemian claim on the throne of Poland. IMHO a deal, which shows Bohemian 'Real-Politik', and Silesia had been occasionally been a part of Bohemia, before finally becoming Polish (which controlled it, when Bohemia didn't).

Adolf of Nassau did make some allusions to Wenceslaus II of Bohemia. However Albrecht like his father Rudolf of Habsburg was a very skilled politician, he didn't do anything to provoke the Empire and only acted, when Adolf of Nassau needed help; he offered support in exchange for being recognized as duke of Austria and Styria.
Besides Ottokar II's expansion in the Austrian lands had been ruled not legal by the Empire. Albrecht (and at the time his younger brother Rudolf) had been legally enfeoffed with Austria and Styria, which were considered fiefs reverted to the Empire. Albrecht hadn't done anything, which would give Adolf any excuse to seize his fief; IMHO if anything, it would have been Thuringia-Meißen for Adolf only sooner.

Silesia and Bohemia is totally unrelated to Austria. Bohemia gained suzerainty over Silesia, a region already heavily under Bohemian influence and/or control at that, in exchange for dropping the Bohemian claim on the throne of Poland. IMHO a deal, which shows Bohemian 'Real-Politik', and Silesia had been occasionally been a part of Bohemia, before finally becoming Polish (which controlled it, when Bohemia didn't).

But if Bohemia did not pursue the claim to Poland, Silesia would have not been under Bohemian Suzerainty, plus the Poles in Silesia tend to be the opposite of the Poles in Poland when Silesia was under Bohemian suzerainty, it was just like Aquitaine/Navarre region in France because it has been a center of Polish Protestants like Aquitaine and Navarre has been of France, Poland keeping Silesia would seal the borders of Poland...I am planning for Silesia to remain united more or less..

I am thinking of Wenceslaus II marrying Margaret of France and pursuing the Holy Roman Throne and regaining Austria which was lost by his father.

Seizing a fief (now) legally held by another dynasty, would exactly be the thing which would get Wenceslaus deposed from the Holy Roman Throne. It sends a very worrying signal to other vassals of the Holy Roman Empire.

Legally Ottokar II lost the Austrian possessions, when the Imperial Diet, not just Rudolf of Habsburg, placed him under the Imperial Ban. In the subsequent peace treaty Ottokar II was reinvested with Bohemia & Moravia, but Austria, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola and the Windic March reverted to the Imperial Crown.
When Rudolf invested his sons with Austria & Styria, this was confirmed by the Imperial Diet.

This would be a totally different situation, than the one where Ottokar II used the Great Interregnum and an unclear succession. Now Wenceslaus would deprive the legal holder of a fief from his possession.

Furthermore the only prince of the Empire, which would benefit from this is the king of Bohemia. Regardless whether the other princes like the Premyslids or the Habsburgs, it's better for them to keep Bohemia etc. and Austria etc. separate, unless it happens in a legal manner they can't do much about without undermining their own position, for instance by inheritance. IOTL Rudolf reinvested the Premyslids with Bohemia & Moravia, he managed to secure Austria & Styria for his house, but Carinthia & Carniola went to Meinhard of Görz-Tirol (Rudolf's ally); a division instead of a concentration of power.

Last edited:
Seizing a fief (now) legally held by another dynasty, would exactly be the thing which would get Wenceslaus deposed from the Holy Roman Throne. It sends a very worrying signal to other vassals of the Holy Roman Empire.

Legally Ottokar II lost the Austrian possessions, when the Imperial Diet, not just Rudolf of Habsburg, placed him under the Imperial Ban. In the subsequent peace treaty Ottokar II was reinvested with Bohemia & Moravia, but Austria, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola and the Windic March reverted to the Imperial Crown.
When Rudolf invested his sons with Austria & Styria, this was confirmed by the Imperial Diet.

This would be a totally different situation, than the one where Ottokar II used the Great Interregnum and an unclear succession. Now Wenceslaus would deprive the legal holder of a fief from his possession.

Furthermore the only prince of the Empire, which would benefit from this is the king of Bohemia. Regardless whether the other princes like the Premyslids or the Habsburgs, it's better for them to keep Bohemia etc. and Austria etc. separate, unless it happens in a legal manner they can't do much about without undermining their own position, for instance by inheritance. IOTL Rudolf reinvested the Premyslids with Bohemia & Moravia, he manage to secure Austria & Styria for his house, but Carinthia & Carniola went to Meinhard of Görz-Tirol (Rudolf's ally); a division instead of a concentration of power.

Perhaps he can marry a heiress somewhere else...