America-Wank (super) Rough Draft

This is just a bunch of bullet points of ideas that have been floating around in my head about the usual America-Wank.

- Canada (specifically French) largely joins US Revolution, resulting in Britain losing the mainland, keeping only Maritimes. Quebec either joins as a state, autonomous region, or just an allied independent government.
- French Revolution much more mild. Bourbons stay in power under a Constitutional Monarchy. Napoleon emigrates to US, has adventures.
- Spain more successful in putting down rebellions in colonies, due to lack of Napoleonic invasion.
- US fights war with Spain sometime in 1830s-50s, to help liberate their colonies and take Spanis Louisiana for themselves. Mexico and maybe Cuba are also taken and administered as autonomous regions after this war. Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana is protected by butterfly nets for a couple decades so he can be born and appointed as governor of the US autonomous region of Mexico. And have adventures.
- Something something Liberia.
- Civil War analogue breaks out. Union starts admitting more former Spanish territories as states to bolster manpower.

Last edited:
This is just a bunch of bullet points of ideas that have been floating around in my head about the usual America-Wank.

- Canada (specifically French) largely joins US Revolution, resulting in Britain losing the mainland, keeping only Maritimes. Quebec either joins as a state, autonomous region, or just an allied independent government.
- French Revolution much more mild. Bourbons stay in power under a Constitutional Monarchy. Napoleon emigrates to US, has adventures.
- Spain more successful in putting down rebellions in colonies, due to lack of Napoleonic invasion.
- US fights war with Spain sometime in 1830s-50s, to help liberate their colonies and take Spanis Louisiana for themselves. Mexico and maybe Cuba are also taken and administered as autonomous regions after this war. Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana is protected by butterfly nets for a couple decades so he can be born and appointed as governor of the US autonomous region of Mexico. And have adventures.
- Civil War analogue breaks out. Union starts admitting more former Spanish territories as states to bolster manpower.

Could you elaborate on the Liberia bit?

Well, like I said, its really just a bullet point list of some ideas that have been bouncing around in my head. If anyone wants to contribute to my creative juices, feel free to asl some questions and force me to actually come up with some answers.

As for Liberia, thats really just the usual "Get an American colony in Africa" challenge in a nutshell. Of course, there wouldn't necessarily be a Liberia, or the same Liberia, but it's reasonable that there would be.

1. The French Canadians would never join the Revolution directly. Maybe they would rebel in unison if they were assured the US wouldn't try to annex Quebec (the US keeping Ontario westward). You are right, I don't see Britain losing the maritimes.

*GROAN*

Can we have a sub-board for the Pre-1900 section devoted entirely to USA/CSA-related threads? PLEASE?

Draeger said:
Can we have a sub-board for the Pre-1900 section devoted entirely to USA/CSA-related threads?
I'm not opposed to that idea, and one for Rome/Byzantium also.

DominusNovus said:

What happened to the Quasi War between American and France in the late 1790s, and the War of 1812?

Something I haven't had the opportunity to explore and read up on yet is the early opportunity for good American-Moroccan relations.

IMO, Spain was the American's (Colonists then Patriots) chief opponent after the Seven Year's War until the Mexican War of Independence. Spain remained strong with respect to the USA, the Spanish American War was not a sure won venture. While I support an earlier Spain free Cuba, I don't know to what end.

Base your thoughts in a modicum of logic, and best of luck.

Re: America threads: There is a decent chance that I posted the first America-Wank on this forum. Maybe even the first American WI in general.

Re: Quasi-War: Averted by F. Rev butterflies.

1. The French Canadians would never join the Revolution directly. Maybe they would rebel in unison if they were assured the US wouldn't try to annex Quebec (the US keeping Ontario westward). You are right, I don't see Britain losing the maritimes.

So much this. Anti-Catholicism was an extremely powerful driving force of the US separatist war, and Quebec itself (namely, Britain empowering the Catholic Church in Quebec) was a particular point of contention for the Protestants behind American separatism.