What TL hasn't been done that you would like to read?

A well written, well researched, and well thought out TL where the Germans actually try OPERATION PINNIPED.

How do they try to do it? How badly do they fail? What are the implications?

One where the American revolutionary war is crushed, the founding fathers are hung like dogs and the British successfully ensure that the colonies never rebel again. I don't think that's been done. Could be interesting.

Or how about a pop culture Timeline where Star Wars never existed.

One where the American revolutionary war is crushed, the founding fathers are hung like dogs and the British successfully ensure that the colonies never rebel again. I don't think that's been done. Could be interesting.

Interesting ideas. The only AH American revolution TLs that I have seen involve the Revolutionary War being avoided through diplomacy.

The second one has real potential.

A TL where SA is explored in any way outside of the products of Europe. Not a TL about WWI or WWII spilling over to SA nor about Monroe doctrine being applied.

Aplausible and extended Vinland settlement
I feel like I saw something along those lines once upon that wasn't terrible. Let me see if I can find it....

The second one could be quite fascinating. What movie is the first blockbuster in this timeline? Or does film take an entirely different route? What happens to the science fiction genre without Star Wars? If Fox goes under (as it likely would have), how does that change the media ecosystem more generally?

Has that really not been done?

A TL where SA is explored in any way outside of the products of Europe. Not a TL about WWI or WWII spilling over to SA nor about Monroe doctrine being applied.

It's really a travesty, the lack of interest in South America. Though Glen's timeline is SA-centric, isn't it?

A Poland-Lithuania wank. Or even a Poland wank. Actually I'd just settle for a TL where Poland isn't trampled by an uber-Germany.

Pro-Capetian TLs would also be refreshing considering the Hapsburg bias the forum has.

I actually had a plan that combined the two ideas, but the lack of time and knowledge of 17th Century Poland stalled it out.

A nice Sub-Saharan Africa TL would be cool as well.

I'm not sure if the idea hasn't been tried already, but I wanted to see more successful Crusades. Bonus if it butterflies away the 4th Crusade, but allows for the consolidation of Christian realms not only in the Levant, but also in Egypt, Tunisia and Lybia.

In my opinion, that's one of those scenarios that can be easily become a wankfest... but then, again, so are many Byzantine survival TLs.

I can only dream to see a TL that explores, even beyond the purely religious aspect or martial aspect, the delicate political dynamic between the Christian princedoms, the Muslim powers (specially considering the Sunni/Shia split was firmly established by the time of the First Crusade) and the Orthodox realms in the East, and the effects of a more intimate and prolonged contact between Europe and the Orient.

Deleted member 67076

A timeline in which the Green Sahara phase in the Saharan Pump is restarted once more during Antiquity, ensuring that by approx. 1500 AD or so the Sahara is no longer a desert.

Another idea I'd love to see would be to see what if the Valois dynasty, rather than the Habsburgs, ascended the Spanish throne, forming a Franco-Spanish Personal Union in the 1500s. Such a state would undoubtably dominate Europe in a way that wouldn't have been seen in nearly a millennia. It would be fascinating to see a China like situation in Europe develop in the early modern era.

Deleted member 70671

Another idea I'd love to see would be to see what if the Valois dynasty, rather than the Habsburgs, ascended the Spanish throne, forming a Franco-Spanish Personal Union in the 1500s. Such a state would undoubtably dominate Europe in a way that wouldn't have been seen in nearly a millennia. It would be fascinating to see a China like situation in Europe develop in the early modern era.

Such a state would be an interesting little critter, indeed. How would it be China-like, though? You think this Gallohispania would develop a high-level equiulibrum trap of sorts?

Horses become resistant to African diseases; spread through the Serengeti and further south: Masai Mongols?

I wouldn't mind some well-written Byzantine TLs that are set within the 650-1050 period. That area seems to be largely forgotten, although to be fair easily accessible and in English Byzantine historiography also comparatively neglects that period in favor of earlier or latter periods, as do the TLs on this board.

A timeline of a surviving Argead Empire without the need to have an epic brawl against Rome or Carthage. Or any expansion period.

Lateknight

Banned

I don't the names of the timelines right off the bat but know been done many times. Personally I would like to see a timeline were american revolution fails and leads to a second more radical American revolution.

Deleted member 67076

Such a state would be an interesting little critter, indeed. How would it be China-like, though? You think this Gallohispania would develop a high-level equiulibrum trap of sorts?
Possibly, although my original thought would be China like in the sense that it would be an imperial state that would for by and large by the premier power in Europe in the way that the other states, even if they coalition against it simply won't be able to match it pound for pound (especially since the Italian Wars would have France and Spain be on the other side, causing the peninsula to quickly and efficiently be integrated into the massive realm).

I wouldn't mind some well-written Byzantine TLs that are set within the 650-1050 period. That area seems to be largely forgotten, although to be fair easily accessible and in English Byzantine historiography also comparatively neglects that period in favor of earlier or latter periods, as do the TLs on this board.

This too, the time period is very dynamic. I myself have a few ideas on things that could happen.