For All Strange Days *a must read classic TL*
notinhg like a goodTL to relax with right?? so heres this forum's first TL.. ot celebreate the rebirth of the forum in a new from heres a classic TL thats revised and expanded!
For All Strange Days v 2.0
Part I: The divergent 1930's
1934- Uprising in Lower Volga, assassination of party official, Mainina (USSR)
-the alternate history novel The World in chaos is a hit whcih solidifies Alternate History as a popular Genre
-Hitler writes his sequel to Mein Kampf called Ich Bin Ein Fuehrer(novel)
-new york legalizes marijuana in a controversial move
-Hays code repealed
-candies made with tamarind become popular and affordable
-Bomvaso becomes a popular candy forst in mexico then in the USA
-home soda machines become popular amond those who can afford them
-crowing your own apple trees to make applejack,hard cider and apple wine becomes popular
-Transfer resistor (transistor) experimental prototype demonstrated to US Army signal corps.
-popped amaranth seeds become a popular and cheap snackfood item
- Nikola Tesla distributes data regarding the "eath ray" to the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, France, Yugoslavia, and the USSR
- The Christian starring Clark Gable and Joan Crawford makes its hit debut (film)
- There Goes Romance starring Joan Crawford makes its hit debut (film)
- Of Human Bondage starring Katherine Hepburn makes its hit debut (film)
-coca cola introduces fanta onto the market
- 7/11/1934-Nikola Tesla unveils "eath ray" weapon with a range of 250 miles (United States)
- 7/22/1934-John Dillinger, reputed gangster, escapes capture in Chicago, Illinois (United States)
- 8/1/1934-the radio show "Yes Senator" becomes a hit in the USA.
- 8/1934-Professor Leonid L. Vasiliev leads Soviet effort to create Tesla weapons (USSR)
- 8/22/1934-Victor McLaglan, founder of the California Light Brigade causes massive civil unrest in Los Angeles, California (United States)
- 8/22/1934-Silver Shirt forces foment massive civil unrest in San Diego, California (United States)
- 8/23/1934- failed coup d’etat against Franklin Delano Roosevelt White House, led Irenee Du Pont (Du Pont Industries, American Liberty League founder), General Douglas MacArthur, General Smedley Darlington Butler, Gerald MacGuire (recruiter), John J. Raskof (finances), former Governor Al Smith (R-New York), William Doyle (commander of the American Liberty League) and Grayson Murphy(director of Goodyear, Bethlehem Steel, and J.P. Morgan) (United States)
- 9/26/1934-S.S. Mauretania sunk near Southampton due to harsh weather and oceanic conditions (Great Britain)
- 9/27/1934-FBI launches raid on the offices of Grayson M.P. Murphy and Company in New York City based on role in the (8/23) coup attempt (United States)
- 10/9/1934-King Alexander I survives an assassination attempt in Marseilles, France by Vlada Georgieff (Yugoslavia)
- 10/11/1934-The capone hour, a radio show by alphonse capone that is a showpoint of liberal radio calls for the legalization of marijana
- 10/16/1934-Communist forces captured during daylight break-out from Jiangxi (People’s Republic of China)
- 11/11/1934-Father Charles Edward Coughlin establishes National Union for Social Justice, with the platform of the "Sixteen Principles" (United States)
- 11/20/1934-General Smedley Darlington Butler testifies before the House of Representatives regarding his role in the (8/23) coup attempt (United States)
- 11/23/1934-General Smedley Darlington Butler assassinated "as a traitor" by a disgruntled member of the Liberty League in Washington DC (United States)
- 12/1934-French fascist conference at Montreux led by Marcel Bucard (France)
-12/1/1934-the radio show "yes minister" which is based on the americna radio show "yes senator" premiers in britian
- 12/8/1934-Jouett Souse, head of the Liberty League begins campaign to "Restore the Constitution" in a rally in Washington D.C. (United States)
- 12/11/1934- Father Coughlin arrested on charges of pedophilia
- 12/17/1934-General Gerald C. Macguire commits suicide before his trial for "high treason and criminal conspiracy" in Washington D.C. (United States)
- 12/21/1934-the beatnik group, The society of 42 reaches 10,000 members
- 12/25/1934- the world first fast food reteraunt, milliways is founded by former peanut farmer, Jimmy Carter. It serves southern style food but with lots of peanuts.
- 12/27/1934-the musical "What Ho, Cthulhu", by Wodehouse and Lovecraft premiers.
- 12/28/1934- Himmler and his SS attempt to off hitler but fail(gemrany)
1935- Uprising in Cheliablinsk (USSR)
-the song a shoggoth on the roof from the musical "What Ho, Cthulhu" becoems popular.
- Uprising in Voronezh, assassination of party official, Saprykin (USSR)
-the song "Kevin, Kevin, Nigger Nigger" becomes popular(music)
- The Biography of a Bachelor Girl starring Joan Crawford makes its hit debut (film)
- Mutiny on the Bounty starring Robert Montgomery makes its hit debut (film)
- Someday a British domestic class drama directed by Michael Powell, makes its hit debut (film)
-Hitler purges most of the SS and established Roehm in a place of power in the nazi heirchy
-manioc/cassava chips become popular among those in the west who can afford to import them
- The Goat Who Was A Cow by Harriette Simpson Arnow becomes a bestseller (novel)
-many lynchings down in the southern part of the USA
-in a show of anglo-american solidarity america fields its own cricket team in the world competition
- 1/1/1935-Stanford defeats Alabama at the Rose Bowl
- 1/28/1935-FDR wins Senate approval of American affiliation in the League of Nations’ World Court, seated in the Hague (United States)
- 3/30/1935-Liberty League, under Jouett Souse, threatens to storm Congress during a rally in New York City led by James M. Beck (United States)
- 5/13/1935-T.E. Lawrence "of Arabia" survives motorcycle accident (Great Britain)
- 6/29/1935-Albert C. Ritchie (R-Maryland), former governor, pledges his support for the Liberty League in a Baltimore, Maryland rally (United States)
- 7/13/1935-Croix de Feu Movement, under the leadership of Colonel Frances de la Rocque, overthrows government (France)
- 7/15/1935-Jouett Souse, leader of the Liberty League, leads an abortive coup on Washington DC (United States)
- 8/15/1935-Comedian Will Rogers narrowly avoids a plane crash in Walkpi, Alaska (United States)
- 8/31/1935-FDR vetoes the Neutrality Act (United States)
- 9/19/1935-Borden Burr foments race riots , on behalf of the Liberty League in Birmingham, Alabama (United States)
- 10/20/1935-Communist forces captured at Shanxi, including leaders, Lin Biao and Mao Tse-tung (People’s Republic of China)
-11/1935-The Nazi economy is placed on a war footing by Speer
- 12/16/1935-actress, Thelma Todd, murdered by Lucky Luciano (United States)
1936- Consumers’ Union established (United States)
- the depression gets worse(USA,Canada and western europe)
-the movie reefer madness found out to be propaganda and the anti-narcotoic movement gets a big decrease
- rioting in the streets(USA)
- Dorothy Spencer, U.S. housewife, popularizes mutual domestic spanking
- Marlene Dietrich stars in I Loved A Soldier (film)
-the klan does suicide bombings i nthe south
- Kliou (the Tiger) directed by William L. Greene makes its hit debut (film)
-food riots in the USA
- Annie Laurie starring Sir Harry Larder makes its hit debut (film)
- The Brown Wallet directed by Ian Dalrymple, makes its hit debut (film)
- John Carter of Mars by Walt Disney, based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs novels, makes its hit debut (film)
- I, Claudius starring William Cameron Menzies, directed by Josef von Sternberg makes its hit debut (film)
- Big White Fog play written by Theodore Ward makes its hit debut
- Revolt of the Beavers play written by Oscar Saul and Lou Lantz makes its hit debut
- 1/25/1936-John W. Davis, Albert Ritchie, James P. Warburg, and Dean Acheson lead a rally of 2,000 people for the Liberty League at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington DC (United States)
- 1/30/1936-Thomas L. Dixon, Gerald L.K. Smith, and Eugene Talmadge foment race riots on behalf of the Liberty Lobby in Macon, Georgia (United States)
-2/1/1936-Richard Nixon accepted into the FBI
- 2/6/1936-Jouett Shouse, President of the Liberty League, sentenced to life imprisonment without parole for role in (8/23) 1934 coup attempt (United States)
- 2/14-16/1936- A. Philip Randolph organizes the National Negro Congress in Chicago, Illinois in order to further civil rights (United States)
- 2/20/1936-3/2/1936-martial law declared in manhatten
- 2/26/1936-Premier Shumei Okawa, Count Nobuakai Makino, and Prince Kimmochi Saionji are assassinated by members of the Kodo-ha "Imperial Way" faction of the Army, bringing to power Araki Sadao and Mazaki Jinzaburo (Japan)
- 3/5/1936-Oscars cancelled due to Directors’, Writers’, and Actors’ Guild strikes
- 4/17-5/2/1936- Lamont Du Pont leads the Farmers’ Independent Council (FIC) in rallies across the Midwest (United States)
- 6/7/1936-Charles "Lucky" Luciano beats compulsory prostitution charge leveled by Thomas A. Dewey (United States)
- 6/8/1936- Governor George H. Earle (D-Pennsylvania) condemns the Morgans and the Du Ponts as "the financiers of war and civil unrest" in a rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (United States)
- 6/9/1936-anthony eden chokes on a steak
- 6/11/1936-failed suicide attempt by author, Robert Howard in Cross Plains, Texas (United States)
-7/1936-After meeting lovecraft, Robert howard begins to write more novels
- 7/1936-Antonio Primo de Rivera survives assassination attempt, installing a Falange-backed fascist government (Spain)
- 7/18/1936-outbreak of civil war; Leon Blum leads Popular Front forces (France)
- 8/8/1936-Leon Blum’s government provides aid to Antonio Primo de Rivera’s fascist government in Spain (France)
- 8/12/1936-John Henry Kirby, Texas multi-millionaire, launches a campaign for President of the United States at the National Council of Clergymen and Laymen in Asheville, North Carolina (United States)
8/15/1936-Most of the southern states pass the Thurston-howell bill which states "in times of necessity citizens of certain groups(in actuallity blacks) may be interned or conscripted for labour"
- 8/18/1936-assassination of Joseph Stalin by Osip Pretnifsky in Union Trade House in Moscow; Leon Trotsky takes over (USSR)
- 10/22/1936-New York Post exposes links between the New York Republican State Committee and Nazi Colonel Edwin Emerson (United States)
- 10/30/1936-Dr. Ignatz T. Griebel and William Dudley Pelley speak at Republican Party function in New York City (United States)
- 11/7/1936-Matuei Platenovich Maslakov with "soratniki" officers sever telephone and railroad lines, near Blagoveshchesk (USSR)
- 12/12/1936-December Ninth Movement members assassinate Chiang Kai-shek (People’s Republic of China)
- 12/16/1936-Zhang Xueliang’s forces storm Xi’an compound in an attempt to free Chiang Kai-shek (People’s Republic of China)
- 12/25/1936-U.S. ambassador, William Dodd, calls for the expulsion of James D. Mooney, General Motors official on the grounds of treason and espionage for the government of Germany (United States)
- 12/26/1936-Zhang Xueliang proclaimed the head of the Kuomingtang (KMT) (People’s Republic of China)
1937- Christian Nationalist Movement established (United States)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs makes its film debut, featuring Daffy, Dirty, Doleful, Hoppy, Hungry, Jaunty, and Soulful; flops at box office (film)
-Leon Trotsky starts the new bohemian movement which is a movement of social libertineness in the USSR
- No Compromise: A Political Romance by Katherine Burdekin becomes a major bestseller (novel)
-Strom Thurmond gives up politics after a homosexual scandal and decides to go into the alternate history genre of novels
- Romanov gang terrorizes Gorky area (USSR)
-Fascist terrorists cause trouble in the state of guerrero(mexico)
-a neatly trimmed 'evil' goatee becomes the major facial hair of american citizens
-Huey Long survives an assasination attempt which garners sympathy for his political party
-10,000 blacks in south carolina conscripted for industrial labor
- 1/23/1937-Grigori Pyatakov, Grigori Sokolnikov, Leonid Serebryakov, and Karl Radek appointed to the Soviet Politburo by Leon Trotsky (USSR)
- 3/29/1937-Supreme Court rules against minimum wage laws citing Adkin’s v. Children’s Hospital as precedent (United States)
- 4/15/1937- One of Joesph Stalin's ex-mistresses gives birth to a son which she names Koba Dzugashavili
- 4/29/1937-Leon Trotsky condemns the trial of Dr. Jakubowski in Danzig, Germany (USSR)
- 5/1937-Front de la Liberte’ led by Jacques Doirot established in Paris, endorsed by Francois De la Rocque (France)
- 7/2/1937-Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan land at Howland Island
- 7/7/1937-Japanese military forces fire on Chinese demonstrators at Lugouqian, in Beijing, no casualties are reported (People’s Republic of China)
- 7/8/1937-Chinese military troops repulse Japanese forces at Wanping railway junction (People’s Republic of China)
- 7/13/1937-Joe Kennedy accepted as OSS agent (United States)
- 7/17/1937-Ignace Reiss condemns the GPU as a "nestbed of corruption" (USSR)
- 9/8/1937-Lord Peel’s partition plan for Palestine accepted by delegates in Bludan, Syria (Great Britain/Palestine)
- 9/11/1937-Soviet military forces move into Poland
- 9/20/1937-assassination of Ignace Reiss, Soviet reformer at a Central Committee meeting Moscow, Russia (USSR)
- 9/20/1937-Leon Trotsky condemns Japanese military actions in China, during a Politburo meeting (USSR)
-9/21/1937-Leon Trotsky derides the austerian attidutes in europe and the ameircas...
- 9/23/1937-Leon Trotsky condemns the Communist repression tactics of Zhang Xueliang as "counter-productive" to the war against Japan (USSR)
- 9/29/1937-Supreme Court nominee, Hugo Black, rejected over affiliation with the Ku Klux Klan (United States)
-10/11/1937-Adolph Hitler tried and executed by a coalition of the SA,SS and military
-10/11/1937-Reinhard Heydrich seizes power
- 10/27/1937-Leon Trotsky pledges military and economic aid to Zhang Xueliang against Japanese forces (USSR)
- 11/5/1937-failed coup d’etat attempt by General Ludwig Bock and General Erich Fellgiebel against Himmler (Germany)
- 11/23/1937-secret meeting between Baron Manfred von Killinger and Senator Burton K. Wheeler (R-Montana) in Boston, Massachusetts exposed by George Selder of Washington Post (United States)
-12/01/1937-Huey Long merges other liberal parties into his party which he names the american labor party.
-12/02/1937-Strom thurmond caught with 4 pounds of marijuana and sent to jail for 4 years where he begisn to write novels full time
- 12/15/1937-Wang Kemin, financial advisor to Zhang Xueliang , exposed as a collaborator with Japanese forces associated with the North China Development Company (People’s Republic of China)
1938- Kidnapped based on the Robert Louis Stevenson novel, makes its hit debut (film)
-jive talk becomes a youth fad
-The Society for the annexation of mexico(TSfTAoM) formed
-the superhero team series Alpha Flight appears and is popular in the northern USA and canada(comics)
- Too Much Johnson comedy by Orson Welles, starring Joseph Cotton and John Houseman, makes its hit debut (film)
- The War Eagles directed by Willis O’Brien, makes its hit debut (film)
- The Buccaneers by Edith Wharton, becomes a major bestseller (novel)
-Union lost by Strom Thurmond becomes a hit novel
-Chaca-Chaca candies become widely availabe in the americas
- Bernie Brightman, controversial jazz musician from Brooklyn, New York makes hit musical debut
- 2/1938-Popular Mechanics magazine introduces hemp as a "billion dollar crop" (United States)
- 3/2/1938-National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) disbanded, under federal pressure and congressional advisement (United States)
- 3/10/1938- the national association of hemp growers introduces marijuana as a "safer alternative than liquor"
- 3/12/1938-Realizing the enormous potential profits to be made from the sale of transistor-equipped commerical radios, RCA vice-president David Sarnoff convinces the company's board of directors to buy the patent rights for the original transistor design. The company's research and development staff is then put to work looking for ways to improve on the design.
- 4/18/1938-7,500 farmers march on McDonough County courthouse in Macomb, Illinois in support of the Corn Belt Liberty League (United States)
-5/1938-Baron Richoften made head of luftwafte
- 5/1938-William Dudley Pelley claims 75,000 members enlisted in the Silver Shirts, 225,000 sympathizers nationally; Henry Beach in charge of Oregon chapter (United States)
-5/1938-Huey Long combines his political party with other socially liberal and mildly socialist parties into the new American labor
- 5/19/1938-General George Van Horn Moseley, 3rd Army and Captain James E. Campbell organize coup attempt against the U.S. government in Atlanta, Georgia (United States)
- 5/19/1938-"The Sporting Club", a right-wing organization, provokes an international incident along the U.S.-Mexican border through armed insurrection by members Michael Vill, William Bushnell Jr., Jacob Thorkelson (United States)
- 5/19/1938-Errol Flynn arrested in Los Angeles, California at the Haywood Hotel as an alleged Nazi spy (United States)
- 5/19/1938-General George S. Patton attempts coup against U.S. government
- 6/26/1938-riots in Los Angeles, California after rally of the Committee for the Defense of American Patriots, a Liberty League organization (United States)
- 7/10/1938- Alexi Gridenko attempts a coup against trotksy
- 7/30/1938-Henry Ford called before the HUAC Committee for his role in the (8/23) 1934 coup attempt (United States)
- 9/5/1938-coup led by Jorge Gonzalez von Marees takes over government; Movimiento Nacional Socialista de Chile (MNSC) seizes power (Chile)
- 9/12/1938-18 months after acquiring the original transistor patent, RCA introduces the world's smallest portable radio. Despite debuting during the darkest days of the depression, the new radio is wildly successful. RCA promotes it with the slogan, "RCA brings you the world."
- 10/15/1938-Acao Integralista Brasileira (AIB) led by Plinio Salgado instigates a national civil war (Brazil)
- 11/28/1938-Father Charles Edward Coughlin defends General George S. Patton’s coup attempt as a means to prevent "communist takeover" (United States)
- 12/12/1938-Missouri ex rel. Gaines Supreme Court orders the desegregation of education facilities (United States)
- 12/13/1938- radio newscaster Jonathan Stewart is arrested for having 12 pounds of marijuana and 123 child pornography pictures
- 12/21/1938-Frank Dolezal arrested in Cincinnati, Ohio for the "Torso Killings" by Eliot Ness (United States)
1939- suicide death of a Munchkin on the set of The Wizard of Oz (film)
-The Holy fire religious movement which is a combination of preaching,aerobic excersize and diet cooking appears in USA and is very sucessful(USA)
-body and soul evanglical fitness movements that are based on the holy fire appear in USA(USA)
-A soviet copycat of the holy fire movement called the proletariatin fire movement becomes an important part of communist policy
- Wizard of Oz with "Jitter Bug" song/dance sequence makes its hit debut (film)
-Rioting in Quebec occours
- The Green Goddess directed by Orson Welles makes its hit debut (film)
- Hearts of Darkness directed by Orson Welles makes its hit debut (film)
- Solar Legion by Jack Kirby makes its hit debut (comic books)
-Research into the possibility of using television signals to guide bombs and rockets begins independantly in several countries, most notably: Germany, the United States, England, and France. .
-the third reich adops a red flag with a white central scquare and a stylaized pair of axes intersection each other(whcih is meant to show the power of unity that dascsim has)
-the SA and SS are banned, Himmler and Roehm go underground and begin resistance against the nazi regime
- The English Boat by Nicholas Trotton, becomes a bestseller (novel)
- Civil To Strangers by Barbara Mary Crampton Pym, becomes a bestseller (novel)
-American rocket program begins
- "Stage One" Tesla weapon tested by Soviet Army (USSR)
- 3/1939-22nd Air Landing Division, under Lieutenant General Hans Graf von Sponck, kidnaps Queen Wilhelmina, at the behest of German government (Netherlands)
2/21/1939-RCA engineers unveil an experimental transistor-equipped television set at a company stockholders' meeting in Los Angeles. David Sarnoff proudly proclaims the device to be the future of entertainment and promises that RCA will soon be manufacturing enough of these devices to provide one for every home in America. Television, until this time, had been bulky and impractical. With the widespread use of the transistor, however, a smaller unit and larger screen became possible, while overall prices fell. RCA decides to develop the technology on a limited basis.
- 3/2/1939-Pope Pius XI announces the encyclical, Magnua Humana Generis Unitas, condemning the practice of racism and anti-Semitism (Vatican City)
- 3/28/1939-fascist Croix de Feu (CF) forces seize Paris (France)
- 4/1/1939-French Civil War ends; Popular Front forces surrender (France)
- 5/6/1939-Ambassador Joseph Kennedy negotiates the London arrest of James D. Mooney, General Motors (United States)
- 6/6/1939-General Degaulle is given command over algeria by the CF leaders and begins a brutal reign of terror.
- 7/2/1939-meteor, Lewis 128 strikes Portland, Oregon causing major damage (United States)
- 7/9/1939-Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels establishes the Reichsfernsehenamt, an agency devoted to broadcasting pro-Third Reich television programs throughout Europe.
- 7/15/1939-Anastes Andreivich Vonsiatsky meets with German-American Bund members in New York City, to fund covert war against the Soviets (United States)
- 7/21/1939- Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain offers to pay German government 1 billion pounds sterling to prevent German takeover (Great Britain)
- 8/25/1939-Marcel Deat’s government bans leftist and communist publications, such as L’Humanite and Ce Soir (France)
- 9/1939- race riots in america
}- 9/1/1939-a renamed version of the Thurston-howell act is passed and made federal law
- 9/3/1939-Great Britain declares war on Germany
- 9/4/1939-Leon Trotsky declares war on Germany (USSR)
- 9/4/1939-General Barry Hertzog comes to power (South Africa)
- 9/8/1939-Hertzog holds a pro-Nazi rally at Monumentkopperie, near Pretoria (South Africa)
- 9/26/1939-French government outlaws the Communist Party and other communist organizations (France)
10/08/1939-The world's first 24-hour television channel is set up by WKBC in New York City, in order to meet the needs of the exploding population of television sets.
- 10/23/39-A. Phillip Randolph begins organizing against a war budget
- 11/11/1939-Riots in the major southern cities because blacks are denied acess to bread stores
- 12/4/1939-Judge Martin T. Manton’s conviction for federal conspiracy overturned (United States)
Because no one has bumped such an old topic
'It's a spectacularly bad plan!' 'At least it's spectacular!'
You'll notice the chemical suit and large stick I used
'It's a spectacularly bad plan!' 'At least it's spectacular!'
And for all we know, there could be a cultist hit-squad in a town along the route, waiting to whack us...
Also, is this really the forum's first TL? Whoa.
I feel like I'm walking on sacred ground.
I feel like I stumbled upon lost Ancient Greek Ruins, and in the light of day its jarring, gaudy even.
Choo-Choo! All Aboard The Biden Express!
New Update June 17th! - “My Kingdom for a Kalashnikov"
Hmm... Interesting timeline. Please expand upon it as soon as possible.
Come and contribute to American Commonwealth!
Enter a new age in Dawn: A Fantasy-Reality RP!
Can you hope for a bright future? The Audacity of Hope.