Worst Villains Part II

Which is the most Evil?

• Susie, while emptying Mary's dishwasher, drops a plate, breaking 10 of Mary's glasses

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Susie, incensed at Mary's refusal to understand that the POD of a hyena coughing in Africa will not

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Susie plans to break all of Mary's glasses, but gets accepted to art school and the idea slips her m

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
Astounded at Diamond's response to my question in the previous thread, I submit this poll. It's relevant to the question of "Worst Evil Empire" because it addresses the issue of intent vs. result.

#3 is the most evil... not for the planning of breaking those glasses, but for going to art school... people like that must be stopped and punished...

As a Catholic, I would say intent (main reason I picked Nazi Germany). #2 implies that Susie intended to hit Mary in the head, #3 that she just meant to smash all the glasses. A head is more valuable than even ten glasses.

I'd have to say Suzie #2, because the premeditated intent was accompanied by an act. Intent alone cannot be a measure of evil. After all when you read the unpublished writings of the great Austro-HUngarian artist and set designer Adolf Hitler you have to shudder about what such a warped but dynamic person might have done if he was rejected by the Vienna art school!

gianluca790

Banned
intent

I'd have to say Suzie #2, because the premeditated intent was accompanied by an act. Intent alone cannot be a measure of evil. After all when you read the unpublished writings of the great Austro-HUngarian artist and set designer Adolf Hitler you have to shudder about what such a warped but dynamic person might have done if he was rejected by the Vienna art school!

Two words: preventive incarceration

Alcuin

Banned

I've always wondered what France would be like if the Marquis de Sade ever gained political power.