Your favorite ATL

What is your favorite (most interesting) ATL, regardless of how individual authors choose to handle it.

(1) Roman Empire survives in Europe/near east to modern era
(2) Chinese Empire expands to Americas prior to 1500
(3) No Christianity (or no Islam)
(4) Permanent Viking settlement of North America after AD1000
(5) Mesoamerican civilizations successfully resist Spanish and survive
(6) No American Revolution or it fails
(7) CSA wins American Civil War or independent w/o war
(8) Central powers win WW1
(9) Axis wins WW2
(10) Other

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
No poll ?

zoomar said:
What is your favorite (most interesting) ATL, regardless of how individual authors choose to handle it.

(1) Roman Empire survives in Europe/near east to modern era
(2) Chinese Empire expands to Americas prior to 1500
(3) No Christianity (or no Islam)
(4) Permanent Viking settlement of North America after AD1000
(5) Mesoamerican civilizations successfully resist Spanish and survive
(6) No American Revolution or it fails
(7) CSA wins American Civil War or independent w/o war
(8) Central powers win WW1
(9) Axis wins WW2
(10) Other

Ah, as there is no poll I can say I like no Islam, no American independence, an independent Confederacy and a Central Powers victory !

Grey Wolf

Getting the hang

Sorry GW, still getting the hand of polls. See poll above - differs slightly

Diamond

Banned
More than one choice...

You guys do realize that when you create a poll, you can set the options on it to allow voters to choose more than one choice, don't you?

Central Powers Victory

This has to be my favorite POD, as I'm sure many can guess from my posts.
There are so many ways that such a TL can go, from much better to much worse.
It also means at least one extra major navy to play with, since the High Seas Fleet will stay in business, and most Central Powers victorys won't eliminate the Royal Navy completely--and if they cripple it, it will be rebuilt.
It also means no Hitler, but it's still possible for someone like him to come to power somewhere.

favorite

Rials ? 2002 Us Isot to 1942, wish he post some more on SHWI.
very interested in ongoing "Empty America"
Nabor Russia -what happened to it.

As so many others, you can guess from my posts...Cuban Missile War (not that I would want to live there).

Mine

I like:

Byzantine Empire endures
No Russo-Ottoman War of 1877-78.

Unfortunately, the first precludes the Ottoman Empire from ever existing, but there are ways around that.

Since we have no problems bringing back old threads

I like
and 8 of those listed.

I also like Varients of Ancient Empires.

I'd say I'm a sucker for "Byzantium survives" scenarios, and "Roman Empire (not HRE or Byzantium) survives"... alternatively, the "no- or failed Russian Revolution of 1917" scenarios. Anything having to do with eliminating a major religion (Christianity or Islam would do) - ironically it frequently includes surviving Rome or Byzantium due to butterflies.

Mine would I suppose come under the 'Other' category', and include:
alternate development of Christianity as world faith
better lot for African-Americans (esp after ACW and Reconstruction and Buffalo Soldiers-related PODs) and native Americans (from colonisation onwards)
much more powerful Australia and any potential Australian PODs
better, more successful humanitarian interventions during 1990s in Balkans, Somalia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, instead of OTL UN and international community inaction
WWII prevented or ended earlier
earlier war crimes prosecution in int'l law, and certain dictators/human rights violators brought to justice earlier- Idi Amin, Pol Pot, etc
international terrorism and War on Terror PODs
how Korean and Vietnam Wars could've been fought/conducted differently by US and allies

Well, my favorite topic is the "Soviets win the Cold War" type scenario. I'm not that picky on whether it's through world conquest, or just having the other powers bow out.

I also enjoy Central Powers victories in WWI. I'm also partial to the odd Napoleonic scenario.

Generally, I like things with a POD of around 1700 or later. I just prefer my AH different, but recognisible.