2004 Third Reich

What percentage of Third Reichs last till now?

• <1%

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • 1-5%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 5-20%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • >20%

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Starting January 30, 1933 what percentage of timelines have a Nazi Germany of some size continuous with Hitler's?

The problem is that hatred and wrath only can last as long as you're down; it's really hard to preach pure hatred when you've won. In the few timelines where Hitler wins WW2 (honestly, once he fought the USSR AND USA it was a done deal, and some would argue only the USSR), I just can't see a nation whose ideological cornerstone is "Jews and Slavs are bad," when a good percentage of its new borders are filled with Slavs. You can't kill/deport all of them, especially with the fog of war being lifted.

Well Hitler winning WW2 is a very common ATL so <50%.

However if we are on with alternate dimensions and all that <1%. As said more stuff can go wrong then right.

Defining the question

These polls are not particularly meaningful. These questions can be interpreted in two ways.

1] Given a multiverse of possible universes what proportion of those uiniverses have X?

2] Given a very large What If Bulletin Board what % of ATL's posted have X?

The difference between the two is unfortunately huge. Axis Wins comes up over and over but in point of fact I don't think it has 1% probability of happening (and when it does it involves a 1941 or earlier PODs). CSA surviving in the 20th Century is a little better but not a lot and don't get me started on how unlikely CSA as a power (much less a superpower) would be.

But certain fascinations overrule people's sense of proportion.

NapoleonXIV

Banned
It is strange that the two most used timelines, (CS and Germany winning) are based on the two wars that generally have one saying, "WHAT were they thinking??"

Authoritarian crypto-fascist Germanies? A very slight chance of lasting until now.

Nazi Germany lead by Schicklegruber fighting & winning the war he wanted? ASBish.

Nazi Germanys defeat was inevitable.

Meh. Change around a few major circumstances and personalities and they might just have a chance. That's what AH is all about, after all. Unlikely in the circumstances of OTL, but change some things around...