Panama 1992 documentary

I remember watching a documentary back in 1992 about Op JUST CAUSE, which was hosted by Elizabeth Montgomery (of BEWITCHED fame, who passed away couple yrs back), and which alleged that during Dec 1989 American forces involved in the invasion of Panama utilised excessive force totally regardless of civilian lives, and ended up killing more than a thousand Panamanian civs, most of whom were poor slum dwellers and of mestizo, Indian or black ethnicity, instead of the few hundred claimed by SOUTHCOM. The documentary also alleged that JUST CAUSE involved the utilisation of all sorts of experimental new weapons technologies on Panamanian ppl as guinea pigs.

In hindsight, I think this piece smacked of leftist propaganda thru and thru, alleging that US soldiers, Marines and SOCOM operators employed overwhelming fire while being totally heedless to the need to protect civ lives. Even though it was a while back now, I don't recall this doco presenting the other side of the story, re such SOUTHCOM decisions to conduct ops to avoid civilian casualties, as organising an F117 strike to drop dud bombs just outside the PDF barracks, so as to minimise casualties.