Imperialistic America

I saw the more "imperialistic U.S." flag on this page. I don't really see a clear timeline for it, but can anyone think of plaudible other states for the U.S. to take over? I think the most interesting would be Phillipines, Liberia, and other places outside of America. What if early America took over and colonized Tripoli and the Barbary States after the second time they started pirating? That could give America a taste of imperialism.

Redbeard

Banned
According to the British historian Niall Ferguson the level of overseas investment in the colonies/3rd world fell remarkably after the colonies were given independence.

That could lead to the heretic thought that a more imperialistic approach would lead to greater investment in the 3rd world and thus much better conditions of living. That will not make independence irellevent (on the contrary), but perhaps give former colonies a real chance, a few decades later, of real independence in prosperity?

Regards

Steffen Redbeard

*stares a while at the 50/50 flag, then looks away* woah! pink flag :cool:

I can't really think of any original new states for the union that haven't already been posted to death, but maybe bringing Newfoundland & Labrador into the union after World War II. After all, I think Newfoundland was under a seperate governmental structure from Canada until recently. I think it was a dominion.

What about also direct US imperial rule established over the following:
all of Mexico following a much more extensive Mexican-American War
as much of Canada as possible after Brits defeated
Cuba, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, former Netherlands Antilles, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Samoa all annexed as part of greater American Empire thru either purchase or war
+ likewise, Jamaica, Barbados, Bermuda, all other ex-British West Indies become part of American Empire thru purchase or war
largescale US concessions given in China
Australia and NZ somehow volunteer to become part of US

Then again, could such a far more imperialistic USA have run into such rebellion-associated problems as a larger-scale version of the Philippine Insurrection, as the epitomy of the effects of imperialistic expansion ?

Do you Mean Imperialism, or do you Mean One Giant Nation

Use Competant Generals and Full US military Force in War of 1812 gives you Canada.

In Mexico War annex Mexico. South America through liberation Movements of People Like Simon Bolivar. Greenland beause its Close and Easy to beat Denmark. Carribean Through war with Euro Powers.

Phillipines war with Spain.

Indonesia and Australia and Japan France West Germany ItalyNorth Africa WW2.

Africa after Euro withdrawal. Put American Blacks in charge.

If done with equal rights and liberty but none democratic more Roman Republic with modern twists to prevent Empire of Ceaser's. How is this.

American Palestine

I saw a map in an atlas of World War One, with various post-war partitioning schemes. One that struck me as in interesting possibility: There was at least one scheme (pre Balfour declaration, pre-US entry) by Britain to make Palestine an American mandate or protectorate. If some sort of compromise between American anti-polygamy laws and Islamic tradition could be arranged, perhaps the growing prosperity of the area would result in a comonwealth status like Puerto Rico, or even statehood. Of course, the US could also botch the whole thing, and have the whole Islamic terrorist mess in the 1920's instead of the later years of the 20th century.
When oil is found in the area, a lot of people may regret its being American.
Now of course, the US has to be more involved in European affairs, in case Mussolini or someone decides to take the new American lands...

Last edited: