Straha

Banned
RFK not assassinated. Consequences?

heres what I think would happen...

He still does not get the nomination in 1968 - given the way politics worked
in that era LBJ could have nominated either of his beagels in Chicago that
year.
1. RFK runs anway as a Peace and Freedom cantidate. Finishes second in a
4 way race changing 1968 from one of the great squeekers of American politics ( 1888, 1916, 1960, 1968, 1976)to a Republican landslide - if P+F run their own Congressional cantidates they give the GOP the House and a much closer Senate. RFK spends the 70's building his party in a 4 party America.

2. RFK does not endorse HHH but sits out the race. He is the canhtidate of
a united democratic party in 1972 when Nixon beats him. Runs again in 1976, wins and serves two terms. Successful 2nd new deal and better integration of nonwhites into US society, economy and culture.

Nevermind. Didn't read it right. I think I'm too biased for this thread. The thought of him being President makes me shivver even worse than the thought of Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:

Straha

Banned
well if he's popular and comes _really_ close to winning I think he'd get nominated as a comeback star..

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Hmmm

I was always under the impression that Bobby entered the race only when he thoght that he could actually WIN - was he not in line to carry California? And then to where ? I thought it was the road to a bandwagon that would sweep McCarthy aside and ask the main party whether they really WANTED Johnson again or whether it was time for a change, a change that would restore Camelot and challenge Nixon on winnable ground ?

Grey Wolf

SurfNTurfStraha said:
RFK not assassinated. Consequences?

heres what I think would happen...

He still does not get the nomination in 1968 - given the way politics worked
in that era LBJ could have nominated either of his beagels in Chicago that
year.
1. RFK runs anway as a Peace and Freedom cantidate. Finishes second in a
4 way race changing 1968 from one of the great squeekers of American politics ( 1888, 1916, 1960, 1968, 1976)to a Republican landslide - if P+F run their own Congressional cantidates they give the GOP the House and a much closer Senate. RFK spends the 70's building his party in a 4 party America.

2. RFK does not endorse HHH but sits out the race. He is the canhtidate of
a united democratic party in 1972 when Nixon beats him. Runs again in 1976, wins and serves two terms. Successful 2nd new deal and better integration of nonwhites into US society, economy and culture.