Alternate Leaders

Strangest Alternate Leader

• Furher Heinrich Himmler

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • President William Lowdes Yancy of the C.S.A.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • President Barry Goldwater of the U.S.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Emperor Napoleon of Italy

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Emperor Maximillian of Austria

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Premier Trostky of the Soviet Union

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
ConfederateFly, I'm sorry to point this out but I have a comment or two...

First, you spelt "William Lowdes Yancy" wrong. His name was William Lowndes Yancey.

Second, he died of natural causes (i.e. unavoidable old age) in 1863 and, thus, could never have become President of the CSA.

If he became Pres. then dies in 1863 then how would be his vice-president that will become Pres? What if he lived? The poll is strangest alternate leader so its supposed to be like that because the other southerners thought him to radical for President.

So...you're changing it from the very beginning then. No Jeff Davis. I really doubt that that's plausible since Davis was the leading figure of the South in the decade prior to the secession and had the most experience on the national level of any pro-secessionist politician from the Deep South.

Right, but he wouldn't have been picked because he was to radical in his views for most Confederates except Robert Barnwell Rhett

No I just said it in the above post that they wouldn't in OTL because he was to radical in his views for them. I put him in the poll because the pull is strangest Alternate Leader

Paul von Hindenburg, German Kaiser
Max von Baden, German Reichsverweser
Oskar Lafontaine, German Chancellor
Jörg Haider, Austrian (or maybe German)Chancellor
Vladimir Putin, Russian Chancellor
Gregor Gysi, Prime Minister of the GDR (1994-2002)