Attila the Destroyer

NapoleonXIV

Banned
In 452 Pope Leo meets with Attila to beg and bribe him to not attack Rome. . Attilla decides to test the strength of Leo's God to save his follower and crucifies Leo. After 3 days of torment Leo dies and Attila concludes his God is false and his faith should be wiped from world.

Attila sacks and burns Rome, killing all but the women, who are scattered as slaves to the far corners of his empire, but before he does this he forces the inhabitants to pull down their city stone by stone so that not even ruins will be left. After that he truly becomes the 'Scourge of God' systematically destroying utterly all the Christian settlements in Europe over the next 30 years of a long reign. He dies peacefully in his sleep in 482. Practically no city in Europe is left.

What happens now?

His army was dying from the plague at the time. I doubt it would be capable of anythin the next few years.

Completely ridiculous. It's not impossible for Attila to be more hiostile towards Christianity or to be more systematically destructive, but neither to that extent nor for this reason. Christian chroniclers often like to ascribe religious motives to their enemies, but in his case, really, nothing could be further from the truth. We do well not to forget that a significant portion of Attila's army was Christian at this point.

Of course the repercussions from Attila being able (and interested) to take Rome and kill the pope in the process are an interesting thing in themselves. And while he most likely did not care much about theology, the right kind of assassination attempt might sour him on the Athanasians.

NapoleonXIV

Banned
Damn, you guys revive a thread nobody replied to two years ago just to say it's silly?

C'mon, I've said things far sillier than this, much more recently.

Damn, you guys revive a thread nobody replied to two years ago just to say it's silly?

C'mon, I've said things far sillier than this, much more recently.

Well it's sort of silly to revive a dead thread just to say it's silly.

Bump, this is silly.