Most Comprehensive Timelines Ever

Just most detailed and involved, largest in sheer girth. Plausibility doesn't matter.

Draka
For Want of a Nail
How Few Remain (It's going to be what, four trilogies long?)

:D *pride* *false modesty* *wait and see: some months still: busy with my work as journalist*

I'd also suggest Randy Macdonald's "Tripartite Alliance Earths" in the AHTG, the best Alternate History I've seen till now.

Last edited:

Diamond

Banned
Faeelin's 'La Serenissima Eterna' was probably one of the most in-depth (till about 1850 or so) TL's I've ever seen. Fun to read, as well.

Diamond

Banned
Mikey said:
Could you post a link to La Serenissima Eterna?

It's in the archives for the old board; if I have time before I leave work today I'll look for it. Or you could just PM Faeelin - I'm sure he can point you to it.

Rafi's 'Light in the East' TL, where the Pope goes east with Constantine, was pretty damn good too. (Again, archived on the old board.)

Straha

Banned
Diamond's Different 20th century timeline COULD be comprehensive if he were to post more of it ;)

Diamond

Banned
Straha said:
Diamond's Different 20th century timeline COULD be comprehensive if he were to post more of it ;)

Pretty much the only thing holding me back is not having a puter at home at present. I'll repost the TL (much stream-lined & done up to 1955 or thereabouts) sometime next year.

Straha

Banned
Diamond said:
Pretty much the only thing holding me back is not having a puter at home at present. I'll repost the TL (much stream-lined & done up to 1955 or thereabouts) sometime next year.
good to hear about that.

If you're looking for in-depth timelines, I have two recommendations. The first is The Flashman Option by David Flin et al. In this one, Britain sinks the High Seas Fleet on the first day of the war, and stays out of most of the land war. It runs from 1914 to about 1935, but is richly detailed. The footnotes are one of the best parts.

I would also recommend Sealion Fails, which is about just that.

Decades of Darkness by Kaiser Wilhelm III is a long timeline. So is Aurora Austrailas by Syphon (both are good, BTW). Another one is For All Time by Chet Arthur (Wallace becomes president, nothing good happens).

Diamond

Banned
Matt Quinn said:
Diamond's "Second Carthaginian Empire" TL is really nice. When do you think the completed version will be posted?

As soon as I buy a new computer, which looks to be towards the end of January.

For all you party-poopers and other purists :p who had a fit at it being called the Second Carthaginian Empire, you'll be glad to know that I've gone back and edited the whole TL to reflect its 'correct' name: the Roman Empire.

There is also a whole sh*tload of extra information that doesn't really fit easily into the TL - stuff like dynastic tables, descriptions of religions and churches, various maps showing language and religious distribution, etc. - that I am considering starting a separate thread for; I might put it in the Writer's forum.