oh no! map question

um. i am looking for a map that shows the resources of areas. what types of food they grow, what metals they have all that good stuff. know where to get one? they had em in an old history textbook of mine but that was ages ago. thanks

Diamond

Banned
Resources maps are surprisingly hard to find!

I wasn't sure exactly what time period you were going for, but try this:

http://www.zenit.org/english/europe/statistics.html

It isn't a map, but it does give a good overview of the economies, resources, populations, etc of European nations.

And here's a resource map of western europe (I can't get the link to function, so I'll just post the map).

resources.eur.1.jpg

Diamond

Banned
I have no idea if you can find a copy, but the 1967 edition of The Random House Dictionary of the English Language has a full color atlas supplement in the back that has very detailed natural resources maps, including agriculture, minerals, gas deposits, etc. for the entire world.

Once I get my tax return check :D I'm going to buy a scanner, and I'll try to post copies of them for you.

Diamond said:
I have no idea if you can find a copy, but the 1967 edition of The Random House Dictionary of the English Language has a full color atlas supplement in the back that has very detailed natural resources maps, including agriculture, minerals, gas deposits, etc. for the entire world.

Once I get my tax return check :D I'm going to buy a scanner, and I'll try to post copies of them for you.

You mean IF you get a tax return check... :D

And I look forward to those images.....

If you get the chance, buy some old school atlases or school history textbooks (from before the 70s when they started putting photographs and neat little simplified grafix in there). You tend to get them cheap at garage sales, and they usually have more info that you can use. Like 'trade routes of the Colbert Mercantile system' or 'The Roman Empire: natural resources and major trade goods'