Library with Alternate books

THIS is not the same as the one thread I posted on ASB. If you could build a library housing books from ATls which would you like to see. Lost plays of the Greeks? Unfinished novels? Alternate biographies or memoirs? How about it?

The Tragedy of Hussein by Demitrios Katapolos Muhammad; Arabs Seize Constantinople TL . Supposedly the absorption of Greek culture into early Islam would lead to lots of Islamic playwriting.

Memoirs of the Great Crusade from our very own Anglo-Saxon TL

The British in Bokhara: Travels from Deli to Soviet Central Asia by Colonel John Kensington. From my Revolution South TL (some of the real old-timers like Grey might remember it--Central Powers victory in WWI leads to Soviet invasion of India).

Yankees in Eire: US Invasion of Ireland, 1917 From a vague TL I plotted involving a Russian victory in 1877 leading to a US-Russian alliance against the British and Japanese. Working title is Rodina

The Welsh Pope and the Great Crusade: A Religious History from our Carthaginian Empire TL

Here's a few ideas

ED(Mister) said:
THIS is not the same as the one thread I posted on ASB. If you could build a library housing books from ATls which would you like to see. Lost plays of the Greeks? Unfinished novels? Alternate biographies or memoirs? How about it?

Nova Scotia, USA: a Short history
From a TL where Nova Scotia joined the American Revolution

Prime Ministers of America: a ranking
From the Dominion of america timeline

Slavery forever: a history of the CSA
From a world where the American Revoultion was avoided but the slave provinces rebelled when the British tried to amobolish slavery in the 1830's.

NapoleonXIV

Banned
An alternate history of what might have happened if the European Invasion had been delayed until the summer of 1944, instead of taking place in 1943 with the war ending in early 44.

A few choices

Cancer Cured--an introduction to Salk's revolutionary remedy, its production, and its use.

Applied Space Propulsion--2004 edition, detailing the newest ion engines, hi-thrust lifters, escape speed catapults...

Applied Fusion Power--Theory and Practice, Volumes 1-4 (This is a four year course devoted to the manufacture, maintenence, and opperation of modern (1998) fusion reactors.

The Naval Battles of Calais--the defeats that doomed France in 1915.
C. 1937, Imperial Press, Elass-Lothringen

Stormtroopers! This ominous sounding (to OTL ears) describes the exploits of the Imperial German Marines in Pacific fighting throughout the Second Great War, culminating with the invasion of Honshu. where they secured the beachhead, allowing the far more numerous American army to follow.

They all seem to be from the same timeline.

nuke power

Estación Espacial Cubano by Marc C Duquense.

The story of how the DuQuense Areonautical Company, Moved it's facilities to Cuba, after the US Gov't abandoned the Nuclear Aircraft Project.

While students of Business may enjoy how the DuQuense Company used the profected project to become the premeir Aerospace company, in the World. Most readers are more inpressed with how DuQuense's vision of Space Flight, allowed Cuba to put the first Man on the Moon.

The Book ends with a look at how the Nuclear powered Cargo Aircraft allowed Cuba to Build and run the first Space Stations.

[I always prefered Marc C DuQuense to that Richard Seaton whimp.] :D :p

The Life and Times of Oliver IV by Sir Thomas Babington Macaulay. Yes, it's mostly romantic hero-worshipping and feelgood national identity building, but I challenge you to find me a modern historian who can WRITE that well. Anyway, I'm still not convinced of the modern view of Oliver IV as a ruthless powermonger. Sure, he beat Louis XIV, but he had to. And the Commonwealth turned out a boon to the Americas.

The Mother-of-Pearl Princesses of the Eastern Sea. I like the Classics, and this is Korean colonial style at its best. You could almost think it was Edo-school if you didn't know it was written almost entirely on Golden Mountain Bay. I just wish I had studied harder, then I could read it in the pre-spelling reform style.

Propositions of Numerology by Philodemos of Corinth. It is surprising how little-read this seminal text of modern mathematics is. Imagine, if Philodemos had not made his trip to India we'd still be doing primitive sums with letter-symbols and multiple fractions.

The Fable of the Ring and The Book of Clear Thinking by Hakim Yussuf ibn-Tariq al-Liyyuni. Call him an overexcited radical, but enlightenment in political terms starts here. We would still have nobles and ulemas running the show without him.

Rifles in the Dark Lands by Josiah Wilberforce King. Still the best account of the bravery and sacrifice of the black Congo Free State Militia's struggle against the elements, hostile tribesmen and slave traders. King wrote mostly from eyewitness accounts, and him being a veteran of the 10th US cavalry helps make the battle descriptions credible.

The Age of Ideology - Europe, 1870-1910, by Sir George Orwell CBE. I'm no friend of the Union School, but Orwell nicely sums up the heated and at times murderous ideological rifts that tore the continent apart in the 40 years up to the Russo-German war. The picture he paints of the 'ideological twentieth century' that he thinks was so narrowly averted is massively overblown, but it does us good to look into the mirror every now and then and realise that we can't take common sense for granted the way we do in the modern world.

DIARIES OF THE AFTERMATH
Excerpts from diaries kept in the months after the CMW.
THE GENERATION AFTER
A comparative look at America in 1962 and 1987.
OUT OF THE PIT
Recovery efforts in Europe and Russia.
REFUGEE TALES
Studs Terkel interviews refugees from England and other countries.

All are from a Cuban Missile War TL.

Japan Divided(Walter Crodin, 1995): An in-depth history of the Japanese War and its effects on the United States.

My Country, My Land(Adam Holdfast, 1921): Adam Holdfast's first book, a political rant against African-Americans that brought the Nationalists to power.

Rising Sun America(Tokawa Roberts, 1998): A history of the Japanese-inspired counterculture of 1960's America, written by a son of a "Rising Sun".

Unshattered World(John Edwards, 1982): John Edwards' classic work of alternate history: What if the German-Soviet War had been averted?

What about Peter Tsourakas(sp) books including DISASTER AT D-DAy. He also edited RISING SUN VICTORious and a book on Gettysburg? Could these be in the library along with ANOTHER one on an alternate COld WAR,