'A Feast of Eagles' being reposted at AHF

Grey Wolf

Donor
Hopefully Ian won't mind me posting this here...

Having received quite a few emails asking where my 'A Feast of Eagles' website was, and how people could still view the story, I thought I would answer the question :)

I deleted the website in the intention of pushing the thing towards a publisher - its not going well as I don't really understand how to find an agent from the list I am given, and cannot afford to keep printing out 50 pages to send off on spec. As yet I am a horse refusing at the first fence, waiting for enlightenment.

However, I have been working on completing AFOE. When I abandoned it in the dark days I had much of the final 15 chapters written up in rough, and the rest planned out. I have now typed up almost everything that was written in notebooks, and completed one whole chapter with additional material. In addition, I have written three mini prequel chapterettes for the sequel 'Age of War'

My 'Alternate History Fiction' board is the home for all of this at the moment.

The reposting from Chapter 1 begins at the main AHF board :-
http://pub188.ezboard.com/falternatehistoryfictoryfrm7

However, there is also an AFOE Archive forum :-
http://pub188.ezboard.com/falternatehistoryfictoryfrm16
where any discussions from the past, and any posts from the future will be archived and accessible

Please feel free to wander down and have a look, post comments and suggestions or email me to the whitestreak address

Thank you Ian for your tolerance :)

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
Grey Wolf has really worked hard on this AH, and it is a fantastic read, I highly recommend it to everyone here. You might also want to check out his 'Tsar Michael the Great' AH. Excellent as well.

Grey Wolf, hopefully you'll be able to get it published in time, your hurdles won't be there forever :)

Anyone on this board got some tips for GW?

Apologies to Ian if this post is out of place.

Sargon

Xen

Banned
Wouldnt you know it I finally get a chance to read this for the first time in days, since my work load has been increased, and after I read Chapter One and tried to move on to Chapter Two I get one of these, server down for upgrade messages. Oh Cruel fates! Of course it said it should be back up in 15 minutes but thats hardly the point now is it?

Still this is the best damn Alternate History I have read.

Just one question though Grey Wolf, does Constantinople remain Ottoman? There was no Crimean War, I was just curious if the Russians succeeded in taking the city without being put down by the French and British.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Xen said:
Wouldnt you know it I finally get a chance to read this for the first time in days, since my work load has been increased, and after I read Chapter One and tried to move on to Chapter Two I get one of these, server down for upgrade messages. Oh Cruel fates! Of course it said it should be back up in 15 minutes but thats hardly the point now is it?

Still this is the best damn Alternate History I have read.

Just one question though Grey Wolf, does Constantinople remain Ottoman? There was no Crimean War, I was just curious if the Russians succeeded in taking the city without being put down by the French and British.

Ah, you must have been got by this :-
"Important ezAnnouncement:
4/4/04 - 15 min maintenance window at 4:00 pm PST"

Regarding your question, the main reason there is no Crimean War as per OTL is because the Russo-Turkish war is halted on the Danube, more or less like in OTL where the Ottoman Empire gave a pretty good account for itself. Britain and France do not weigh in, and Austrian pressure forces Russia to withdraw. However, the Rumanian principalities pass back under Russian suzerainty (they had fluctuated to and fro earlier in the century). At least, that is as far as I remember how things went !

Did you have any thoughts on Ireland ?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf