Sources for World War III?

Can anyone recommend any good books/websites on World War III - how it might have happened and what would have resulted if it had?

Anything would interest me - real history, alternate history, speculative history or even games. I would be particularly interested in anything dealing with the 1940s and 1950s.

I already have General Sir John Hackett's The Third World War.

Try to get "Red Storm Rissing" from Tom Clancy-not bad even if it contains some factual errors towards the German military.
If you can get a copy of the "Harpoon" computer game it could be helpfull. The database was very good and it was considered accurate enought that the US Naval Academy used it as a training aid.
There are a lot of older books about the Military of the former USSR around, your local libary might have a copy or two. Just keep in mind that the books during the cold war tended to overestimate the capabilities of the Red Army whereas post Desert Storm Warshaw Pact equipment got a rep which is in some cases undeserved.
If you have questions about Germanies army or civil defence during the cold war there are a number of good sites -like "Flecktarn" but you can also ask me.

What about the WORLD WAR documentary I mentioned on the previous website, a fictional AH documentary about WWIII occurring in Europe in 1989 after Gorbachev is overthrown by conservative Red Army leaders who re-ignite the Cold War tensions and invade Germany ? Would you also potentiallY consider Harold Coyle's books like TEAM YANKEE as good AH scenarios for WWIII ?

Sir John Hackett's "The Third World War" is a pretty good book. You can get used copies from Amazon, but it's been out of print for quite awhile.

Aki> you have the book by Hackett... do you have the sequel to it (The Third World War: the Untold Story)? It goes into more detail about some of the peripheral areas (C. America, Africa, M. East) and has a really neat chapter on the war in Scandinavia (my favorite part of the whole book)....