Alternate American Flags

Everyone (including me) is always posting maps and whatsuch but no one ever posts flags. I thought it might be interesting to hear what people think is the background of these flags. Don't forget that flags, like symbols, usually in some way express the ideals, type of government, etc. of a nation. So, if you'd like to, pick a flag and give me a little background on it...

Answer 1

1. Pennslyanian Alliance. after the failure of the convention in 1789 the Articles disolved and Pennslvania. formed Alliance with the small states surrounding it.

2. Imperial America. following the ARW Washington was offered the Crown of the new Nation, while his first reponse was to refuse, his assosiates point out the danger of splintering, without a strong central figure. So George bowed to the pressure and accepted , The King is Overthown, Hail The King.

3. New Sweden. In 1663 The Swedes manage to defeat the New Amterdamers, ending up with OTL Delmarva, New Jersey & Manhattan-Hudson.

4. Republic of New England. Following the Sucessful Shaw rebellion, NE left the US and formed the New England Republic.

5. US Confederation. After the secession of the NE Republic the remaining states reformed the Continital Uniion.

Xen

Banned
Walter all of those except the second one were alternate Confederate Flags. I designed an alternate American Flag for America for an alternate timeline where the US had an Emperor, Ill post it when I get home.

Xen said:
Walter all of those except the second one were alternate Confederate Flags. I designed an alternate American Flag for America for an alternate timeline where the US had an Emperor, Ill post it when I get home.

LoL, you caught me. I wanted to see if anyone would think of that. Also some don't appear to fit with the CSA so I wanted to see where their rejected flags could be accepted. If that makes any sense.

Flag #7

Since Xen had to go and blow the whole game, I'll post some more different ones (and they're not all rejected CSA ones).

Flag #7

6. Chistian States of America, In 1982 the Fundimentalists won :eek: It took over 100 years to regain our freedoms [ See R A Heinliens history of the "Revolt in 2100"]

7. Union States of America. The labor Unions Win :D

Last edited:
Mis numbered

7 [8]. Deseret. in 1846 the Mormans bought the state of Deseret from the Mexicans.

8. Greater Swisserland. Following the Nuclear holacaust in 1994 [see second Korean War], The Swiss came out of their underground civil defense sites and rebuilt Europe.

9. Vinland. settled in 1050

10. Vinland Confederation. As Vinland grow it sprawned Daughter States in 1602 after Henry Hudson, rediscovered Vinland, Vinland and her Daughters United against European attemps to conquer them.

11. Greater Canada. Following the British victory in 1813, New England was reannexxed into Greater Canada.

The best US flag of all would be just like our current one, except the stars are replaced by a line drawing of the whole world, showing that the whole world is now part of the US :cool: