Terrorist attack on US installations in Aust

Could somebody design a POD set at some point after 9/11, where terrorists are able to attack a US military installation inside Aust and inflict significant casualties on both Americans and Australians ? What would be the effect of such a terrorist attack within Aust itself on both our countries ?

Aust has alot of very prominent potential American military-related targets which AQ or some other bunch of terrorists could strike if they really wanted to, including in my part of the country: I used to live in Alice Springs for awhile, which houses the Pine Gap Joint Defence Facility (basically, a CIA-run satellie-tracking and intel station) 30 kms outside the town in the West MacDonell ranges (Alice is a very American town due to Pine Gap, with the 900-odd personnel working at the base + their dependents), while here in Darwin we get alotta US Navy warships thru on a fairly regular basis (including 3 which are in town at the moment), and the USMC and USAF also regularly use the local RAAF base and Katherine's Tindal airbase for air defence and bombing exercises. Elsewhere, there's a USN base at Exmouth, WA, and a USAF facility at Woomera in SA, while the Aust armed forces also regularly conducts exercises with US forces at Shoalwater Bay, Qld. There was actually an article in the NT NEWS last yr re the tightening of security at Pine Gap amidst fears of a possible terrorist attack. How could terrorists hit an American target on Aust soil, like Pine Gap, to fullest effect ?

Terrorists attack Pine Gap 2002

OK, since nobody answered this thread earlier, I'll post a scenario: WI in early 2002, while the War in Afghanistan was still raging, a group of AQ terrorists who managed to enter Australia (legally, not via the hyped-up illegal immigration pipeline so vilified by the media, which such terrorists wouldn't be part of anyways) and acquired weapons and explosives (IIRC in late 2002 there were large caches of arms including anti-tank weapons found by police at several NSW rural properties), then travelled to Alice Springs in Central Aust and launched an attack using LAWs/RPGs and/or light mortars on the Pine Gap JDF ? What would've been the impact of such a terrorist attack on public opinion in Aust re the dangers posed by international terrorism, and also in the US ?

Sabotage a uranium mine like Olympic Dam

We are going to have to start shutting down nuclear reactors in 2006 unless we find more uranium someplace. We have been stretching our supplies by converting Russian bombs into fuel, but because we have been running our reactors on higher enrichments lately (so we don't need to shut down so often for refueling) we have been losing a lot of neutrons to burnable poisons (sort of like SUVs for nuclear reactors, in terms of efficiency) and are about to run out.
Of course, if our reactors run out of fuel then the remaining reactors are going to be able to sell the electricity they produce at a higher price...
So blow up a pump that is dewatering the mine and flood it out. No ore, no uranium, no fuel, no power, etc. Sort of like what happened at Cameco in Canada last year, and come to think or it, didn't Olympic Dam lose a grinder or something?
Maybe somebody already is taking out Australian and Canadian uranium mines? Enron lives!