TURNER DIARIES as AH

Could anybody consider this piece of hateful racist crap as AH ? Or would everybody just feel it's contempuous right-wing supremacist fantasy ?

You beat me to this one-I was considering doing this.Its definitley a contempuous right-wing ,white supremacist fantasy but it can be considered outdated future history ( taking place in 1991 I think) with alternate history elements.There maybe a way to make the whole Militia/Aryan/KKK/Christian Idenity movement more strident in the 1990's-Imagine David Duke as a 3rd party candidate in 1996 although he did pretty well in some Republican contests in 1992.

the militia and Aryan nations nutjobs never numbered all that many people. How many people belonged to the KKK in the 90s? Christian Identity movement? Who were they?

Melvin- I just remebered some other incidents that could have been a POD's in an alternate 1990's. Here in Denver in 1992 and 1993 the KKK/Aryan Nation rallied at the Colorado state capital building on Martin Luther King Day.The Colorado capital building is in downtown Denver accross from the Denver City Hall where the annual MLK day parade ends.There were melees both years that would have been full scale riots if not for police.Also local racist skins killed an African immigrant and shot and paralyzed an Hispanic lady that tried to help him at a bus stop in downtown Denver in 1997. Well of course the Alan Berg assissination back in 1984 and the Amendment 2 vote in 1992 and McVeigh and Nichols trials-Colorado could have been ground zero in a race/culture war in this TL.

for any kind of race war in the US, you're going to have to massively expand the whites in the US who hate minorities so much that they will take up arms over it.... what kind of POD would lead to anything like that? As it was, if the skinheads and related nuts tried to start a race war in the 90's, most whites would be against them....

"the Amendment 2 vote in 1992"

Is this referring to the Second Amendment to the US Constitution (hardly a racial issue) or something else entirely?

Amendment 2 was a law passed by Colorado voters in 1992 that deprived gays of rights through civil rights laws-It was overturned by the Supreme court in 1996.There was a nationwide boycott against Colorado because of this law.