United Realms of New France

AH Challenge: Make this the sole super-power in 2007, with a PoD during French New World journeys of 1500's and 1600's.

United Realms of New France's Head of State is HIM The Emperor of New France (who is also King of France,) but is independent.

Realms:
Acadie
Québec
Louisiane
Grand-Lacs
Missouri-Ouest
Californie français
Sainte-Domingue
Île du Pin
Venicette
Jamaïque

Nouvelle-France.JPG

I'd say if the French keep their colonies and population rises, California would be French, not independent. Furthermore a French king would be more expansionist to conquer Mexico, I think. After all, French North America would be Catholic.

I think it would be problematic to establish a great French power with a strong population and keep the English colonies english - or independent. I'd rather see them included in Nouvelle France.

ninebucks

Banned
Why Californie français? There's not a bit of California colored on your map.

If California is the given name ITTL for all of Western North America, then I'm guessing that the blue Oregon on the map is Californie français.

As for the challenge. Well, with borders like that, and, so long as its relationship with its neighbours are cordial, this state could not help but be a hyperpower.

The trick would be getting it to exist in the first place.

AH Challenge: Make this the sole super-power in 2007, with a PoD during French New World journeys of 1500's and 1600's.

United Realms of New France's Head of State is HIM The Emperor of New France (who is also King of France,) but is independent.

Realms:
Acadie
Québec
Louisiane
Grand-Lacs
Missouri-Ouest
Californie français
Sainte-Domingue
Île du Pin
Venicette
Jamaïque

The Inevitable Oblast of Alyeska strikes again! Now THAT'D be a TL, unite all three Inevitable countries - Alyeska, Deseret and Burgundy. :D

Anyway, if you limited English immigration to the Americas, and maybe made France more tolerant of Hugenots, the Thirteen Colonies wouldn't be as powerful, and the British presence in North America wouldn't be as pronounced, pretty much ending any hope of a TTL Fort DuQuesne incident, and the fall of New France. This would butterfly away the French Revolution, maybe until a more reformist King comes along and says "From now on, everybody will be able to eat cake" or some such crap.

Realms:
Acadie
Québec
Louisiane
Grand-Lacs
Missouri-Ouest
Californie français
Sainte-Domingue
Île du Pin
Venicette
Jamaïque

I wished you would have used .png format:(

Shall we guess at the neighboring countries?

1685 : Huguenot exiled to New France. 1.5 million emigrants in the next 10 years.

In later years, the french kings have the habit of exiling their malcontent, political dissenders ( Voltaire ends up there ) and petty criminals ( no more galères ). there.

1685 : Huguenot exiled to New France. 1.5 million emigrants in the next 10 years.

In later years, the french kings have the habit of exiling their malcontent, political dissenders ( Voltaire ends up there ) and petty criminals ( no more galères ). there.

Voltaire's exile to Canada would be funny if he still came up with "quelques arpents de neige" before his exile.

ninebucks

Banned
On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate are my guesses for realm boundaries?

Furthermore, I guess that that independent slice in eastern Canada is Québec Anglais. Having always had an anglophone majority, they felt oppressed by the majority of the RUFN, and finally one their independence in the 1970s.

Likewise, I guess that RUFN's boundaries were once much bigger, but that it has allowed rebellious territories to secede.

guesses.jpg

Likewise, I guess that RUFN's boundaries were once much bigger, but that it has allowed rebellious territories to secede.

OK, so we can assume that the east coast and most of Canada were French once. Well, then France won a war against Britain prior to the revolution and allowed for emmigration - or forced rebellious citizens out. French rule was more strict and tight, thus no American Revolutionary War, France can always use its "American brethren".

How about for PoD, France wins the French and Indian War? There would be no American Revolution. France carries on making allies with the Indians. Like the Cherokee maybe?

France supports Poland against Prussia and Russia during the third Polish partition. Austria-Hungary allies with France, and they crush Prussia and sign peace with Russia and England. After the war, the French revolt for most of the same reasons they did OTL. England invades, to help the French king, grab land, whatever. Louis XVI (or XVII if this is later) is executed. In the fighting and chaos that follows, many people flee to New France. It takes a while to figure out who the next King is, and the fighting carries on. By the time the succession is figured out, all remnants of royal power in old France have been extinguished, and New France can't quite raise an army (not enough population). Britain is left occupying most of old France and gets bled dry by the rebels.

What do you all think of this spin on the challenge?

How about for PoD, France wins the French and Indian War? There would be no American Revolution. France carries on making allies with the Indians. Like the Cherokee maybe?

France supports Poland against Prussia and Russia during the third Polish partition. Austria-Hungary allies with France, and they crush Prussia and sign peace with Russia and England. After the war, the French revolt for most of the same reasons they did OTL. England invades, to help the French king, grab land, whatever. Louis XVI (or XVII if this is later) is executed. In the fighting and chaos that follows, many people flee to New France. It takes a while to figure out who the next King is, and the fighting carries on. By the time the succession is figured out, all remnants of royal power in old France have been extinguished, and New France can't quite raise an army (not enough population). Britain is left occupying most of old France and gets bled dry by the rebels.

What do you all think of this spin on the challenge?

Well, why shouldn't Britain, after conquering "old France" conquer "New France"?

And as you said, population of new France is rather small, even with fled Frenchmen from Europe, whereas the former british colonies have a population of several millions. Further immigration would be mostly Irish and German, but not French, thus again, no reason for becoming Nouvelle France. I'd rather say New France ends as a English or maybe German speaking country.

Well, why shouldn't Britain, after conquering "old France" conquer "New France"?
Because the British, as OTL, were fighting against regicides and rebels, not the Kingdom of France. The British would ally with New France, if there was a legitimate king, for the duration. Anyway, I think they would be too weakened try to take on another war. OTL, didn’t it take the British, Prussian, and Russian armies, and Spanish guerillas to take down Napoleon? ITTL, no Prussia, no Napoleon, no occupied Spain, and the Russians are too far away to care, so the British are on their own.

And as you said, population of new France is rather small, even with fled Frenchmen from Europe, whereas the former british colonies have a population of several millions. Further immigration would be mostly Irish and German, but not French, thus again, no reason for becoming Nouvelle France. I'd rather say New France ends as a English or maybe German speaking country.
As far as immigration goes, most would go to the British colonies, which would be a problem. I could see a war starting over settlers going where they shouldn’t.

Otherwise, I think the New French wouldn’t allow very much immigration. And they definitely wouldn’t allow many non-French in political office. So, in this case, we see the Irish as a looked down-upon underclass.

France supports Poland against Prussia and Russia during the third Polish partition.
I meant second partition.