The eagle's left head

'Basileus' is NOT emperor
Well if you want to get technical Heraclius picked up the title after smashing up the Sassanids because it was ABOVE imperator/autokrator in Greek and the Persians couldn't any more challenge who was top dog in the world and reserved the title. For added fun of course it simultaneously meant king. Which Byzantines for western kings usually called rigas, for the Latin Rex to avoid the trouble.

Well, the Empire is doomed to fall as it stands now, but Sicily-Greece could and would be the hope of the Eastern Romans, I just hope Crete would be freed!

Well if you want to get technical Heraclius picked up the title after smashing up the Sassanids because it was ABOVE imperator/autokrator in Greek and the Persians couldn't any more challenge who was top dog in the world and reserved the title. For added fun of course it simultaneously meant king. Which Byzantines for western kings usually called rigas, for the Latin Rex to avoid the trouble.
I think he originally called himself king of kings(Basileus Basileōn) too. Shame he dropped that. King of Kings is a far cooler title.

Last edited:

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
What you mean? Becoming a king,especially a king of kings, is the last thing an honourable Roman should do! Their allegiance is to the republic, to democracy!
HERACLIUS BROUGHT PEACE TO HIS NEW EMPIRE!

jokes aside, i was referring to the good ol' roma tradition of seeing something good, copying it and improving it.
the carthaginians have boat and we don't? we copy and add a fucking crane on it to fight on our terms
the Etruscans have roads and sewers? well lucky us, now we also have that
the Greeks wrote the Iliad and the Odyssey? guess who just published the Aeneid.
someone has an awesome god? now we also have him but with a latin chad name.

Updated 1370s map!
- Anatolian beylik border changes
- Sardinia update
- Verona added!
- Other minor Italian changes
- Hungary gained Dalmatia and Ragusa made independent

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it! Enjoy!
ELH-Plain-1370s.png

Edessa and Serres are name placeholders for the rebellious Serbian provinces. As they are acting pseudo-independently from the Serbian King, I've mapped them as independent. Their names are the locations Lascaris used in the updates they were on (I think the Parts they were in were late 60s?).

Edessa and Serres are name placeholders for the rebellious Serbian provinces. As they are acting pseudo-independently from the Serbian King, I've mapped them as independent. Their names are the locations Lascaris used in the updates they were on (I think the Parts they were in were late 60s?).
How are they surviving even though they are Serbian, in rebellion against the homeland and they rule over majority Greeks?

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
I won't ask you to update it once more.
i'll just add a reminder for everyone that Bulgaria is not united but split into 2 "empires" and a despotate. the Tsardom of Vidin, Tsardom of Tarnovo and Despotate of Dobruja
also 2 out f 3 have the funniest dynasty name for me: Shishman.
my italian half makes me think about the ex-pm Renzi
main-qimg-948c493c4a7ca26ad38fa99a1371d094-lq

Last edited:
With Maritsa not far, I wonder if the Lascarids will be able to take on the opportunity to expand a bit into Macedonia.

Within the cadre of TTL War of St Titus, they have already captured most of Epirus from the Serbs, right?
@Lascaris, did they make any advance north of Thessaly, to link up Lascarid Thessaly with Thessaloniki?
If not, then I suppose they would use the occasion post Maritsa to do it.

What you mean? Becoming a king,especially a king of kings, is the last thing an honourable Roman should do! Their allegiance is to the republic, to democracy!
Ironically having the parliament in the state makes it the most democratic Roman state that we had for a while, since they've been shown to have some teeth already. I could see a future where the parliament works with and against the king when it suits them.